Two legged predator !!! how to stop the person...

Quote:
The laws about when you can legally use a gun to protect your home, property, livestock, etc. vary greatly. Everyone with a gun should know the laws where you live. I have a gun that i carry on my property, and i hope i never have to use it on a human. However, should the situation arise, i know what is legal and what is not. BTW, in Texas, i can defend my livestock with deadly force. I probably wouldn't because i really don't ever want to kill a human being, but i can't imagine how angry i would be if someone had the audacity to come on my property and walk off with my chickens. I think i would be waiting inside the coop with duckwalk. Thankfully, a few good dogs pretty much prevent that whole situation.
smile.png

Quote:
The laws about when you can legally use a gun to protect your home, property, livestock, etc. vary greatly. Everyone with a gun should know the laws where you live. I have a gun that i carry on my property, and i hope i never have to use it on a human. However, should the situation arise, i know what is legal and what is not. BTW, in Texas, i can defend my livestock with deadly force. I probably wouldn't because i really don't ever want to kill a human being, but i can't imagine how angry i would be if someone had the audacity to come on my property and walk off with my chickens. I think i would be waiting inside the coop with duckwalk. Thankfully, a few good dogs pretty much prevent that whole situation.
smile.png

In Texas there are older laws still on the books that say you have the right to "protect life, livestock and property with deadly force" without necessitating they be on your property even as long as they are still in possession of your property. Don't go running around shooting people for dvd players or chickens but if prize stock were to come up missing and you were to see them.....you would be within your rights.

Another note not pertaining to chickens but theft: the new "Castle Law" in Texas allows you to shoot trespassers on your property and you do not have to wait for them to be in your house endangering your families life before you can lawfully shoot.

Like previously stated, educate yourself about your rights in your area before you do anything other than observe and report.

Wow, Texas sounds like a good place to live! Too many times the criminal has more rights than the victim.

We have a paintball gun. If it were me, I would throw some red paintballs in the freezer, (frozen paintballs hurt ALOT - I know from playing several times in the winter.) I would rest up for the day and set up a stake-out at night. Use some frozen, some not frozen paint so that some actually break. Not only will you scare the living crap out of your 2 legged predator, he may or may not just be stupid enough to think he has been shot with a real gun. Just for giggles. Then watch where they retreat to and call in the heat.

Quote:
I agree, especially if you have other neighbors having problems. Perhaps you can get together and put some pressure on your local law enforcement, sounds like they're a little lax about it. In my area, we have migrant farmworkers that squat on various properties. But, law enforcement is having a hard time getting them to leave because the workers are actually encouraged to be there due to the possible prospect of getting work despite the land owners objections to them living there.

I wouldn't do anything with a gun unless they're directly threatening your life as it definitely will cause you a lot of heartache even if you're totally in the right if you need to use it

We had my uncle load us up some shotgun shells with rock salt. Hurts and stings like a son-of-a-b and usually requires minor medical attention - makes it tidy for the cops, lemme tell you. Around here we use pellet guns to discourage trespassers. You ding 'em once and tell them you've got a 9mm in the other hand. They run pretty quick then.

I agree, know the gun laws....! I live on long island, ny..my cousins a 7th sqd. detective.He told me if you shoot anyone on your property, make sure they fall into your house.
NYS laws suck for homeowner's, the crooks have it made. It's really sickening that you can't even defend your own stuff on your own land without being treated like the darn crook...Thanks to all the bleeding heart liberals, defending crooks rights...To hell with hard working honest people.
Theres something very wrong with this senero...!
I'd love to sell my home and move some place where i have a right to defend my property..But, not in this housing market, these days..!
Don't ever move to NYS people...! Unless you like the courts backing crooks, more than victims..!
Man, i'd be some mad if some too my chickens...!I sure hope you can get rid of those squaters!

Back
Top Bottom