Two legged predator !!! how to stop the person...

Boy I am liking the suggestion of the cameras and the hot door knob as well as the deep hole to fall into. I would not go with the gun however, perhaps if they are already outside the law they might also be carrying a gun... I would also call the cops and file a report so they know that someone has been stealing and they can add that to the person 5 doors down.

People who have nothing to lose can be very unpredictable.
I would not try to 'trap' them or zap them.
I'd put on locks and cameras.
I'd definately call the police.
Do you have a big protective dog or two? I'd be ready to turn those loose.
Flood lights?

so sorry you are being targeted and robbed.
it's cause it's easy for them right now.

call the cops
call the cops
call the cops

tell them there are trespassers and breaking and entering into locked buildings on your property.

good luck

Easy, bear trap. Bury it JUST below the dirt line and cover with leaves. Betcha if he doesn't have a broken leg he sure won't be coming back! THEN shoot his thieving butt!

Quote:
There is another reason "winging them" is a bad idea.....this isn't the movies! Pulling that kind of stuff off in real life amongst the chaos is highly improbable. My twin brother was a cop for 8 years and then a CSI investigator for nearly the same length of time and police are always taught to shoot "center mass". Save that Rambo stuff for TV and go for the kill if you are going to pull a gun out.

Old cowboy saying "Don't pull a gun out and point it at someone if you don't have the stones to pull the trigger or you might be looking down the barrel of your own gun very quickly!"

Years ago I was working alot of overtime and nights, we were living in the country but that far from a subdivision. Our pattern was pretty easy to figure out, 2 cars in the driveway one a pickup truck, one a car. Pretty easy to figure out when I wasn't home -so anyway people would beat on the doors and windows and then take off scaring wifey thang. One Friday night I dropped my truck off at the shop so it looked like I wasn't home. Sure enough they came around again, I went out the back door with a .44 magnum, when I came around the side of the house I saw 2 silhouettes toward the back. When you shoot a .44 at night it makes about a 2 foot in diameter fire ball at the barrel and a big bullet that you can hear wizzing by. I aimed off to the side some and shot twice - they took off for the woods. That would be thick woods in Eastern, NC lots of thorns and grape vines
smile.png
I could hear them running and falling, cursing. Never had any other problems with people creeping around at night.

Steve

Hey there....get a camera out there, if you really want to catch those squatters in the act, and take the evidence to the police.

An even easier route would be to just lock it. I know it's a pain, but it only takes a sec.....

If someone gets hurt on your property, by falling into a hole, or being shocked/burned or whatever, they can SUE you......and those people have zero integrity, obviously, if they're stealing from you.

I'd go the safest route........

Of course, I'd like to take the "Dirty Harry" approach, and go out there with my gun and ask "Do ya feel lucky, Punk? Do ya?"
But I try to control those urges!
tongue.png

Good luck, whatever you decide!

Back
Top Bottom