Two legged predator !!! how to stop the person...

So sorry you are going threw this mess lots of good suggestions posted here.

Get a some geese
big_smile.png
mine sound the alarm day or night when something is wrong and everyone is scared of them but they never hurt anyone just alot of puffing
lol.png

romeo.jpg

DSC001662.jpg

Quote:
Excellent idea, especially Chinese ganders. Even when they're happy to see you, they can get really loud.

I was going to suggest encouraging killdeer to feed on your property, too. They make a lot of noise not only when strange people are around, but also hawks. But, sometimes they make too much noise.

I am sorry to hear this happen , Call the police but if they are anything like the cops here they will tell you it is a civial matter. I lost 6 very expencive bird to a theif and they came in the middle of the night will my daughter (14) was home by herself. The sad part is we knew these people an though that they where our freinds . My mother and I both now carry guns on our property. I have also set up some other things for theives if they want to visit my farm again.

Quote:
My brother in law has some kind of little device he got that when the mailbox is opened, a buzzer sounds in the house to let them know the mail has run . . .night vision goggles might be a good idea too, because you can just set and watch and wait and then let MR. DB (double barrel) do the talking. My dad always said to shoot into the air and holler, "shucks!! I missed, but I won't on the second!!!!!" Usually took care of anyone who was hanging around.

I would use the three S
Shoot
Shovel
Shut up

If not I do like the bear trap idea!If someone is coming on my property and stealing they will be leaving leaking one way or another.
wink.png

Quote:
Texas does have some good personal protection laws. If it is night time and someone steals from you, deadly force is justified if you feel it is the only way to recover your stolen property. If this law were in the OP's state, it roughly means that not only could he shoot and kill the theives on his property, but he could literally chase them down off his property and kill them to recover his chickens. I would never recommend anyone do this, but it is the law.

In the words of Josh Thompson, "Our houses are protected by the Good Lord and a gun and you might meet 'em both if you show up here not welcome son..."

Lock the coop! Put up the hot wire and charge it up on the highest setting. If you're not prepared to shoot them, I'd advise firing a shot above their heads to get the point across. But, I say shoot them. However, I'd probably use my son's pellet gun or a something non-lethal. It's true, a chicken's life isn't worth carrying around the weight of killing someone for the rest of your life. If you just put up a bunch of road blocks, they'll realize it's not worth the time and move on to an easier target. How about some motion sensing lights? They are at Home Depot for under $20. Lots of lock. Alarms. Dogs.

Last edited:
The problem with shooting at someone non-lethally (in the foot, in the leg, with pellet gun or paint-ball gun) is that they might SHOOT BACK! If they're already breaking the law by stealing, to support their illegal drug habits, what's to say they don't have guns, too? I'm not advocating shooting to kill. I totally agree with Operator 16 that a chicken isn't worth carrying the weight of killing a human around for the rest of your life. If it were to come down to me or a member of my family, I like to think I wouldn't hesitate. But there are other ways of dealing with chicken thieves.

Back
Top Bottom