Two-legged predators

Sorry this happened to you, I just don't understand some folks!
somad.gif
I hope the locks and the lights will stop them from coming back.

We've considered cameras, but more to see who is laying (my girls like to keep it a mystery) rather than for security.

Robin

Quote:
LOL.
lol.png
I would like to. I seriously asked my husband if he could run a hot wire along the gate but I received a look that makes me assume he does not think that's a good idea.
wink.png

How sad for you and I'm very, very sorry. I would be devasted becuase my hens are pets too. However, I would just hope these people did this only because they were hungry and desperate for food, not out of meanness. That said, I would definately get motion cameras set up, a sign letting people know you are armed, (I saw one the other day that said, "I have nothing on my property that is worth dying for, with a target as the background) and let all the neighbors know what happened and that you will offer a reward. You might be surprised what you find out. If you have one of those outdoor flea markets, I would visit that to see if anyone is trying to sell your chickens. Again, I'm so sorry!

As the economic collapse gets worse this kind of thing will happen much more, sadly. I have heard of vacant houses being looted, power lines stolen, air conditioners etc. Food / animals will be next as people get desperate. I would make sure it gets reported to the police, just in case.
Find a wireless remote alarm to put on the gates/doors.

I'm so sorry for your loss. That's just awful - we lock our coop/run with keyed locks -but the key is hanging nearby so easily anyone could get into there and take our chickens. I pray that the people who did this were simply desperate for food for their family and not merely criminal minded individuals. I could forgive the desperate hungry person so much quicker then the mere criminal. ((Hugs))

Quote:
I agree -- The idea that someone took them for food is much easier to take than to think of some other alternative. There is someone who was asking questions about them, and who just really raised a lot of red flags because of the way he behaved, and he was my first thought when we discovered them missing. Though I have no evidence. I am really hoping it was someone who was hungry who took them and not him, because I think he would have acted maliciously.

i am so sorry for your loss.
rant.gif
i have no use for a thief
Quote:
a game cam would be your best bet.as far as setting a actual trap for the theifs,if you did and they were injured or killed you could face a lot of time in jail.

Back
Top Bottom