1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

two many boys.

Discussion in 'Ducks' started by donkeydew2farms, Mar 19, 2015.

1. donkeydew2farms

donkeydew2farms Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 12, 2014
    well I have three drakes 2 kaki Campbell's and 1 blue Swedish and 7 girls. the 2 KC are very bonded they don't fight and are a year old in April. but lately I have seen the Blue boy fighting with one of the KC and yesterday all three were on a female in the pool I had to break them up I am afraid they will drown some one . i would hate to have to get rid of one of them the 2 KC never go any where with out the other but i have to do what is best. I was thinking of setting the blue boy up with 2 of the girls which are blue Swedish which leaves 5 girls for the other two males. would that work? I would not mine having blue babies but i don't think they will set. Also they been laying there eggs all over the pen instead of in there houses, could that be a result of two many drakes? thanks for any advice.[​IMG]
    that is the male BS in the middle.the KC drakes are to the right and very front the KC are my favorites .

2. LoveThemBirds

LoveThemBirds Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 23, 2015
    Petting Buffy Like a Dog
    That would work.

Drakes are territorial,so even doing that may not solve problem FULLY,but try it.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by