Two month old mouth breathing

farmgirl2004

Hatching
Apr 13, 2015
Hello,

I have two month orpington chick that i thought was in good health then today i noticed that she is breathing with her mouth open when she is resting on her perch. We have them in the house right now because we have four that all vary in age our youngest one is less than a month and is small for her age. So i noticed that Peach was sitting on the perch and was kind of gasping for breath so i was just wondering if i should be worried about this or is it just that she is stressed because she is in the cage 24/7. Could we be feeding her to much i keep the food dish full, i do changed the water each day and we clean the cage.
THANKS for the help

Hello,

I have two month orpington chick that i thought was in good health then today i noticed that she is breathing with her mouth open when she is resting on her perch. We have them in the house right now because we have four that all vary in age our youngest one is less than a month and is small for her age. So i noticed that Peach was sitting on the perch and was kind of gasping for breath so i was just wondering if i should be worried about this or is it just that she is stressed because she is in the cage 24/7. Could we be feeding her to much i keep the food dish full, i do changed the water each day and we clean the cage.
THANKS for the help
Well i guess so we dont have a heat lamp on for them , but i guess since she is larger than the rest she could be - i will try to cover them up tomorrow. it is not hot in here now -

Back
Top Bottom