Two mystery chicks, need help!

SunGryphon

In the Brooder
6 Years
Nov 18, 2013
Decatur, AL
In my latest order from Meyer I received two mystery chicks. One is the incubator clean out, the other is the meal maker. Any ideas? They're about 2 weeks old now.

I'm not certain on the identity of the top chick; with those feathered legs it might be a Silver Laced Cochin. The bottom chick is probably a Barred Rock, although since you got an incubator clean out, it could be a male Black Sex Link chick which look virtually identical to Barred Rock chicks.

Wow, ultraflora, you are so right, they do look very similar! I would consider it very lucky if I got a BCM! I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that it's a girl!

I'll have to keep an eye on the black one, for sure. I'll post more pics when they're a little older :D Thanks everyone!

I'm not certain on the identity of the top chick; with those feathered legs it might be a Silver Laced Cochin. The bottom chick is probably a Barred Rock, although since you got an incubator clean out, it could be a male Black Sex Link chick which look virtually identical to Barred Rock chicks.

Wow, ultraflora, you are so right, they do look very similar! I would consider it very lucky if I got a BCM! I'm just going to keep my fingers crossed that it's a girl!

I'll have to keep an eye on the black one, for sure. I'll post more pics when they're a little older :D Thanks everyone!
x2

Back
Top Bottom