Two of my Pekins attacked by....šŸ¤·šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø Deep wounds... help .. šŸ˜¢

I think so too @ducky donna I know she is going to want you to get those feathers out of the wound. If you can rinse the wound good the feathers might loosen enough to clip them back . I see that swelling around those feathers not sure if that's is infection or just from trauma. I sure hope @casportpony is on to help. She is our wound expert.
Have you and casportpony just been a part of BYC for a long time or are yā€™all more mainstreamed into the site? I just think itā€™s great you guys reached out so fast and have such a wealth of knowledge for my particular situation!! As well as ducky Donna! ā¤ļøšŸ„°šŸ˜˜

I'm just worried about infection setting in on all those awful wounds being in the barn with all the other animals. I'd try to make a space in the house or even garage if possible until her wounds are healed.
We actually do t have any other animals In the barn anymore. Itā€™s been somewhat renovated and being turned into a B&B .. so she doesnā€™t have free reign of the whole thing, I have just set her up a space in the bathroom that is in there

Have you and casportpony just been a part of BYC for a long time or are yā€™all more mainstreamed into the site? I just think itā€™s great you guys reached out so fast and have such a wealth of knowledge for my particular situation!! As well as ducky Donna! ā¤šŸ„°šŸ˜˜
I've got 20 years in surgery but only 3 years with ducks but a lot of people surgery information can still be applied to the ducks.

Yes she did suggest I pluck the feathers šŸ˜£Iā€™m so nervous about it .. if I do something wrong or cause her more pain, ay yi yi šŸ¤¦šŸ½ā€ā™€ļø
Well, if she suggested it then I'd do what she said! I can't make heads nor tails out of what is what in those pictures but she really needs to be inside and something has to be done. It is time for a vet if you ask me!

Have you and casportpony just been a part of BYC for a long time or are yā€™all more mainstreamed into the site? I just think itā€™s great you guys reached out so fast and have such a wealth of knowledge for my particular situation!! As well as ducky Donna! ā¤šŸ„°šŸ˜˜
Iā€™ve been on here since 2009, casportpony pretty close to that. I havenā€™t ever had to deal with wounds like this so I donā€™t feel comfortable giving advise on what is best to do for treatment. I does look like she has some puss areas there which doesnā€™t look good. Please get those feathers cut or plucked away from the wound, letting them close up inside isnā€™t going to help with healing bacteria on the feathers it would be like leaving hair on your head with a serious wound on it and the hair laying in the wound and closing up in the wound while it heals.

Iā€™ve been on here since 2009, casportpony pretty close to that. I havenā€™t ever had to deal with wounds like this so I donā€™t feel comfortable giving advise on what is best to do for treatment. I does look like she has some puss areas there which doesnā€™t look good. Please get those feathers cut or plucked away from the wound, letting them close up inside isnā€™t going to help with healing bacteria on the feathers it would be like leaving hair on your head with a serious wound on it and the hair laying in the wound and closing up in the wound while it heals.
I got the feathers cut back quite a bit! It doesnā€™t look bad I donā€™t think! I think the pictures make it look extra shiny and almost infected but I usually take the pics after her bath! I bring her inside through the day. I actually have locked my dogs up and let her come out of the bathroom if she wants but she doesnā€™t t stay long lol. Itā€™s wam in the bathroom. She seems to have a little whistle when breathing that I donā€™t recall being there.. but I could just be over thinking .. but overall considering.. everything else has healed just about completely and she got to see her lover and her friends yesterday through the gate for a while. Bear (her lover was they that darn gate off so he could get to her šŸ˜¢

Attachments

• 382679D5-B76C-4582-86FC-15E24EC595BA.jpeg
    382679D5-B76C-4582-86FC-15E24EC595BA.jpeg
    461.3 KB · Views: 8
  • DAE94B50-9B3B-4131-A9BB-88C1A8F60F8B.jpeg
    DAE94B50-9B3B-4131-A9BB-88C1A8F60F8B.jpeg
    506 KB · Views: 8
  • F226A90A-7B78-4220-BF15-4052D58E6418.jpeg
    F226A90A-7B78-4220-BF15-4052D58E6418.jpeg
    485.4 KB · Views: 8
  • D654B741-2781-49CE-B8CE-888851CE9EC6.jpeg
    D654B741-2781-49CE-B8CE-888851CE9EC6.jpeg