Two wing concerns on Pekins w. Pics

AlexisLo

Chirping
7 Years
May 31, 2012
Cheltenham, PA
Hello from Cheltenham, PA. Over here preparing for winter and I have two things I need help with:
Both of my Perkins (lady and gent) are four years old. They eat duck pellets every day and free arrange a couple hours a day.
First concern has to do with my female. Her wings don't have any of their main feathers on them and it's making me nervous because this winter may be brutal. I have posted pictures of her wings below:

Second, my male has this odd feather that he must be pecking at and he is very sensitive when I go to touch it but I have not observed him pulling at it and don't know if I should leave it alone or try to help him. Pictures below.

Thank you!!!

The hen looks as if the sheathing on her new feathers has not come off for some reason. The drake appears to have a similar situation involving a 'blood' feather that has not lost it's sheath. Do they have access to water that they can swim in ?

Yes, they have a new pool about twice a week. They're spoiled in that sense.
Her wings looked like this over the summer, for some reason she isn't replacing those feathers on her wings.
He ended up pulling that weird feather out and it's not bothering him, so the plan is to keep that area clean.
I'm more concerned with her bc he looks beautiful and she looks dreadful. She's always cleaning her feathers and in the pool.

Back
Top Bottom