Tylan 200 injectable how much ?

markus19

Hatching
Jan 20, 2016
Hi guys i have some poorly hens looking at the signs i can tell they need some tylan as ive used it before

im all out of the poweder form that you usually put in water but i have a bottle of the tylan 200 thats for injecting im sure you be able to use this mixed on water aswell but cant find any info for any mix rates to water can anyone help

Hi guys i have some poorly hens looking at the signs i can tell they need some tylan as ive used it before

im all out of the poweder form that you usually put in water but i have a bottle of the tylan 200 thats for injecting im sure you be able to use this mixed on water aswell but cant find any info for any mix rates to water can anyone help
@markus19 , welcome to BYC!

One teaspoon of the powder has 2500-3000 mg of tylosin, just depends on your teaspoon and how packed you make it.

12.5 ml of Tylan 200 = 2500 mg
15 ml of Tylan 200 = 3000 mg

Not sure if anyone mixes it in water, but I guess you could try?

-Kathy

Last edited:

Welcome to BYC. You can give Tylan 200 injectable orally. It will go much farther if you just dose each sick chicken orally without mixing it in the water. 1/4 ml or cc for a 5 pound chicken twice a day for 5 days would be a good dosage. That is 50mg per 1/4 ml or cc. Any chickens not showing symptoms do not need to be medicated.

Tylan 200 orally: SO ............does anyone know the dosage if you'll be alternating Tylan with Terramycin? For instance 1 cc for 3 days standard?

Tylan 200 is 200mg per ml, while Tylan 50 is 50 mg per ml. 50mg per 5 pounds is about standard, given orally twice a day, for 3-5 days. I would use 1/4 ml of the Tylan 200, and I would give it for 5 days. There is no need to alternate with Terramycin (oxytetracycline.) They both treat the same respiratory diseases. Give one or the other.

Last edited:
Tylan 200 is 200mg per ml, while Tylan 50 is 50 mg per ml. 50mg per 5 pounds is about standard, given orally twice a day, for 3-5 days. I would use 1/4 ml of the Tylan 200, and I would give it for 5 days. There is no need to alternate with Terramycin (oxytetracycline.) They both treat the same respiratory diseases. Give one or the other.

Do you think the tylan is still strong after a round prior is an immunity going on? I have Probios in water etc but all birds have to be treated or culled........treatment first......Waiting on the doc stilll..........seems info from tech is "iffy" due to saying if not symptomatic cannot go to eggs...................hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
caf.gif

I bet I could get away with that once and they'd never fight over bread treats again :) So much for having all natural breeds, no meds :( I've kept the breeding birds on all natural and even use colloidal silver. still may do that with hens that are not showing any issues at all.

Anyways, they are calling back with part 2 of test results. This is to show if the MS is horizontal or vertiical???? If it's one of those, you can still hatch eggs etc if its the other you cannot without passing it to babies.. It sort of makes sense but what got me most doc and lab said 80% wow!!!!!! Of all flocks have or will have Mycoplasma??????? They said they never suggest culling a flock because there's the 80%CHANCE the next flock will have it too. All tests they did that day were positive for everyone..............................Something feels not right here...................If all the owners of flocks here sent in samples 80%!

Digesting this..........

So basically I gave the roo a pretty hefty dose of the 200. He weighs 8 pounds at 5 months......do you think the .25 ml is enough

Back
Top Bottom