Tylan 50 dosage

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Missyktsm, Feb 23, 2014.

1. dawg53

dawg53 Humble

Nov 27, 2008
    Jacksonville, Florida
    It's better to inject antibiotics rather than provide water soluable antibiotics. Birds usually dont drink when they're sick. If they do, it's usually not enough to be effective.

1 person likes this.
  2. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    Agree also with ducks they waste most of it.

3. Lacrystol

Lacrystol Hatching Helper

Jun 13, 2009
    Diamond, Ohio
    But at this point I would stop the water soluable and just concentrate on a drop in each nostrils ONLY if the swelling comes back.

4. Bukbuk Betty

Bukbuk Betty In the Brooder

Hi, i am currently Treating one of my hens with Tylosin, and also had a hard time finding out how many tsp to mix into water (using soluble tylosin, not injectable).... See later comments for 'ammount' discussion....

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  5. casportpony

casportpony Team Tube Feeding Captain & Poop Inspector General

How much does one teaspoon of the powder weigh?

-Kathy

6. Bukbuk Betty

... See further discussion....

Last edited: Jan 1, 2015
  7. Bukbuk Betty

I must have scrolled past this comment at first, I had never considered this! Duh, me! Lol! The hen i am treating at this time appears to be drinking ok. Certainly something to watch for, if she was sicker when i started treatment, injection might have been the better way to go. Good thing to keep in mind, for sure.

8. casportpony

9. Bukbuk Betty

Haha! I didn't think that scale would recognize such a small ammount, but then again i never tried either! Lol! I was more keen to know how much powder to put in 2L water not the other way around :p But, hold on a sec, I'll go check! Be right back.....

Annnd, Kathy, I'm glad you asked that, because I went back to weigh one tsp worth and discovered that the scale i was using works in 10 gram increments?! So all my silly math is worth zip. And back to square one. Why do the manufacturers not tell a person how to measure it out in small amounts too?! I am going to go delete my first post about this, so maybe delete the quotes off your posts so that nobody else gets mis-led? :p blargh.....

Does anyone have a scale that will weigh 1tsp worth of soluble tylosin?? Really i just want to know how much to put in 1L water!

10. casportpony

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: