1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Tylan 50 Injectible???

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by salt and pepper, Aug 28, 2013.

1. salt and pepper

salt and pepper Chillin' With My Peeps

I bought tylan 50 injection for my sick chickens. Unfortunately, I didn't know there was a water soluble. And I'm stuck with this stuff. Is there any way to put it in the chicken's water? If so, what is the dosage??? Thanks so much!

2. BantamLover21

BantamLover21 Overrun With Chickens

Jul 24, 2013
    Tylan50 injectable can not be used in the water. It should be administered as a shot to one side of a bird's breast muscle. The injectable Tylan50 dosage is 1cc for large-fowl, .5ccs for bantams, injected once daily for 5 days. Alternate the side of the breast that you inject into, and use a small gauge needle because Tylan tends to make the injection area sore. Do not give dairy products, probiotics, or Apple Cider Vinegar during Tylan treatment; but vitamins/electrolytes are fine.

3. cafarmgirl

cafarmgirl Overrun With Chickens

Definitely do not want to put it in the water but you can give Tylan orally at a rate of 1/2cc per day x 5 days for standard size birds.

4. salt and pepper

salt and pepper Chillin' With My Peeps

Ok, thankyou. I will be returning it, and getting the water soluble.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by