Tylan 50 injection dosage

Apparently oral Tylan is no longer available in the US, so we have to use as an injectable. Weird, right? I have one banty Silver Sebrights that is super swollen and sick, so I injected her tonight with the 1/4 ml and if she lives, I’ll keep on dosing her with that and NutriDrench and extra Vitamin B. Anyone got any other ideas for helping her?

so I injected her tonight with the 1/4 ml and if she lives,
Tylan 50 or Tylan 200? The Tylan 50 dose is no less than 0.2 ml per pound of bodyweight 3-4 times a day. If you gave Tylan 50, you gave her enough for a 1.25 pound bird. The Seabright should weigh about that, so you're okay for the first dose. Be sure to give every 6-8 hours though. Since it can cause injection sire necrosis, you might want to give it orally instead.

Tylan 50. So I CAN give it to her orally? That would be great as she is really full of fluid and I was having a hard time finding a suitable spot for injection. And boy is that stuff hard to pull into a syringe! Does the rest of my treatment plan sound okay?

Tylan 50. So I CAN give it to her orally? That would be great as she is really full of fluid and I was having a hard time finding a suitable spot for injection. And boy is that stuff hard to pull into a syringe! Does the rest of my treatment plan sound okay?
Yes, you can give it orally, but do give it 3-4 times a day.

Where is she swollen?

Sometimes you can find Tylan (tylosin) soluble powder for the water online without a prescription for pigeons. Lately, it has been soldout due to the demand, but most are restocking. Yesterday, it was only found on eBay, but Jedds, and some other pigeon suppliers may have some in stock in the future.

If you can get a vet prescription, other online sites such as Chewy and Allivet carry it for other animals.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom