Tylan-50

carlape

Chirping
8 Years
Apr 3, 2011
Wisconsin
Hello,
I have a couple of hens sneezing, but eating and drinking very well. I want to treat the whole flock and just bought Duramycin-10 soluble powder, and I have Tylan 50 injectable. Which one should I use, in the water, and what dosage per gallon?
Thanks!
Carla

Hello,
I have a couple of hens sneezing, but eating and drinking very well. I want to treat the whole flock and just bought Duramycin-10 soluble powder, and I have Tylan 50 injectable. Which one should I use, in the water, and what dosage per gallon?
Thanks!
Carla
If a few are only sneezing, I would not treat them with either yet. Sneezing can be from dusty condtions or feed, from ammonia odors in the coop, or moldy conditions can causing sneezing. If they develop more serious symptoms such as sticky eye or nasal drainage, noisy breathing, or swelling around the eye or face, then I would separate the sick ones, and only treat those. Tylan 50 is much better than Duramycin-10, but has to be given either by injection for 3 days, or given by mouth to each chicken once or twice a day for 5 days. Tylan 50 dosage is 1/4 ml for bantams, 1/2 ml for up to 5 lb, and 1 ml for over 5 lb daily. When chickens are sick, they don't drink enough of the medicated water, especially in cold weather. Never give antibiotics to chickens without symptoms, and read this link about symptoms of infectious bronchitis and MG: http://edis.ifas.ufl.edu/ps044

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom