Tylosin Powder Packet vs Jar

AutumnEffectRanch

In the Brooder
Nov 18, 2022
I'm finding that the packet of Tylosin is about $10 less than the jar just about everywhere I've checked prices. I've just got a small flock so obviously I'm not going to use the whole thing at once so the jar makes more sense, but you know....$10. My plan is just to put the packet into a clean jar, but does anyone know how long its good for after you open it since its intended for to be used all at once?

The ladies at Debbie's Home for Disadvantaged Girls appreciate your help!

Tylosin is packaged in packets for pigeons online. It should be the same as what it in the Tylan container. It should have 100 grams, and dosage is 1 tsp per gallon of water given for 3-5 days. Can you post a picture of the packet?

No, its pretty much the exact same medication labeled for use in poultry, just in a packet (not resealable). I know the one you're talking about though. I came across it in my massive Google searching adventure!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221118-182301_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221118-182301_Chrome.jpg
    141.7 KB · Views: 1
  • Screenshot_20221118-182331_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20221118-182331_Chrome.jpg
    168.1 KB · Views: 1
The packet is available without a prescription on some pigeon sites, while the plastic tub is by vet prescription only. They are exactly the same medicine and dosage.

The packet is available without a prescription on some pigeon sites, while the plastic tub is by vet prescription only. They are exactly the same medicine and dosage.
The prescription thing isn't a big deal, and with the autoship discount that I'll cancel the next day, the Ebates refund, and free shipping, it'll be cheaper. Plus the Judds Online place that everyone on here mentions is out of stock at the current moment.

So when you guys get the pigeon one how do you typically store the rest of the powder and how long is it good for after you open the packet?

Back
Top Bottom