Tyngsborough Gardens Monthly Chicken swap in Tyngsborough Ma 7/15

Just got my testing results back this week and found this thread.
big_smile.png
I'll be at a swap in NH on Saturday but will bring down some on Sunday as well. All chickens are sexed pullets. Typically I sell 4-7 week olds. Are there rules in MA regarding selling younger chicks?

Just got my testing results back this week and found this thread.
big_smile.png
I'll be at a swap in NH on Saturday but will bring down some on Sunday as well. All chickens are sexed pullets. Typically I sell 4-7 week olds. Are there rules in MA regarding selling younger chicks?
There are no regulations on younger chicks.

I thought it was a 6 chick minimum under 4 weeks of age?
I thought that only applied to sales just before Easter?

Actually the limit thing involves only ducklings and only before May 1. No mention of limits on numbers.

Section 80D. No person shall sell, offer for sale, barter or give away as premiums living baby chickens, ducklings or other fowl under two months of age.

No person shall sell, offer for sale, barter, display or give away living rabbits, chickens, ducklings or other fowl which have been dyed, colored or otherwise treated so as to impart to them an artificial color.

(important part) **Nothing in this section shall be construed to prohibit the sale or display of baby chickens, ducklings or other fowl under two months of age by breeders or stores engaged in the business of selling for purposes of commercial breeding and raising; provided, however, that prior to May first in any year, such ducklings may be sold or purchased only in quantities of twenty-four or more.**

This section shall not prohibit, however, the sale or donation of such chickens, ducklings or fowl to schools for use in classroom instruction.

Whoever violates the provisions of this section shall be punished by a fine of not more than one hundred dollars.

Last edited:
I thought that only applied to sales just before Easter?

Still better than the 12 under 4 weeks that NH has on its books. That rule is set to expire on 7/22 though
ya.gif
. I do like the idea of a limit for the couple of weeks leading up to Easter. I know what 4-6 week old pullets go for around here. I'm thinking the pricing is fairly similar but appreciate any input. I've only sold younger once and that was $60/12, does that sound right for down there as well? Pretty Please PM please if you have info on this. I typically like to make up signs the night before and print out some information on the different breeds I'm bringing for potential customers.
I've never been to the swap in Tyngsboro but grew up and lived in Westford for 27 years. I'm looking forward to seeing the area again!

I wont be comeing to the tyngsboro swap tomorrow, gaberella and her husband is the owner of the property, we useally park everyone, parking is the same as last time unless otherwise by owner, please park close enough to each other to allow good parking and others to drive by, the owner has a worker collecting the fees, have a fun day and we will miss seeing you all tomorrow, any questions feel free to message

We just got home after a quick trip to buy some birds that I had arranged for head of time. I loved the selection of birds!!

My kids wanted the pheasants and ducks. I'm so behind on coops and pens !!!

I almost bought a couple poults. THey were sooooo hard to resist. Must plan for more turkey pens. Would the 2 ladies with the 2 turkey poults (1slate and 1 narri) diplayed on their trunk PM me please.

THank you everyone who turned out on Father's Day. It was worth the drive!!!

We just got home after a quick trip to buy some birds that I had arranged for head of time. I loved the selection of birds!!

My kids wanted the pheasants and ducks. I'm so behind on coops and pens !!!

I almost bought a couple poults. THey were sooooo hard to resist. Must plan for more turkey pens. Would the 2 ladies with the 2 turkey poults (1slate and 1 narri) diplayed on their trunk PM me please.

THank you everyone who turned out on Father's Day. It was worth the drive!!!
That would be Luvs chickens with the poults. They had the cutest ducklings with them too! I am NOT a muscovy person but I was tempted to take a couple of them home.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom