Tyvek on coop walls

The tyvek is actually on the outside, outside of framing and under the outer sheathing/siding.
You could leave it as long as it's not got loose pieces/edges that will be pulled further by the birds.

I love seeing pics of new 'big' coops next to the tiny prefab starter coops!!

LOL I guess I considered it inside because it's "inside" the building. At least photos can help explain things better than words can.

And yes it's funny seeing the tiny starter coop next to the new one, I love it when other people post similar photos and you can see the difference!

Just updating this for future reference, in case anyone else ends up with the same question.

Black Jack #57 in fact DOES stick to Tyvek. No reason to paint it on there but if some happens to get on it while applying to other surfaces, it doesn't seem to cause an issue. The chickens don't have any interest in picking at either the Black Jack or the Tyvek.

And so I moved the hens out to the new coop on Thursday afternoon just in time to get new chicks on Friday, and the hens have already accepted the new coop as home, putting themselves in for the night for the first time tonight. They've also been using the new nest boxes without fail, though their laying rate is going to be off while they adjust.

Back
Top Bottom