U Can Sex your Chicks

Nupine

Songster
12 Years
Nov 21, 2007
Ohio
Ok, I have seen this thing on ebay like a million times, have any of you tried it? How does it work? Is it one of those thing where you ask it a question and it either goes back and forth or in a circular motion? What in the world is it?
Ashlyn

I just saw something on the discovery channel just about 30 minutes ago on chick processing plants. They put these hours old babies on a conveyer belt shell and all. The babies fell through the cracks and then down another belt and dropped off into the shipping boxes. I almost cried. Poor babies!

BUT they did show how they sex them. Look at their wing feathers. If they are all the same length it is a roo. If they are staggared long short, long short it is a hen. I thought it was so cool!

Oh I just did a google search on it. It seems that this method used to determine the sex of newly hatched chicks is only possible if a female from a slow-feathering breed is crossed with a male from a fast-feathering breed. So I suppose it wouldn't work on all chicks. Oh well...

People will sell anything on Ebay to make a quick buck sometimes. I once saw an auction going for a jar filled with burnt cigarette butts and people were bidding.
ep.gif
th.gif

While this old wives tale has been around for many years, the odds are the same as pointing at them and guessing. 50/50

Jody

Back
Top Bottom