U-G-L-Y, This Hen Ain't Got No Alibi?

I took a closer look, & I see lots of broken feather shafts. She maybe being picked on.
I don't think so. I watched them for hours every day over the past couple of weeks because I thought the same thing. She is definitely not at the bottom of the pecking order, and they have a lot of space to run around and objects to break it up.

I brought her in again tonight and gave her a good looking over. No injuries at all. BUT I did see a few pin feathers on the back of her neck and her shoulders. Maybe a few weeks of TLC and extra protein will help...

I don't think so. I watched them for hours every day over the past couple of weeks because I thought the same thing. She is definitely not at the bottom of the pecking order, and they have a lot of space to run around and objects to break it up.

I brought her in again tonight and gave her a good looking over. No injuries at all. BUT I did see a few pin feathers on the back of her neck and her shoulders. Maybe a few weeks of TLC and extra protein will help...
We are having feather picking issues also. No mites,lots of extra protien,stuff to keep them busy... one thing keeps coming up though. Is it possible the have a touch of cannibalism?? We trimmed their beaks back and that helped with bleeding bums,but the feathers keep getting plucked. We use stop peck and bleed stop but the feathers keep getting plucked.?

Attachments

• 99136E53-97AF-4A3C-9F59-F317E1D0E31F.jpeg
    99136E53-97AF-4A3C-9F59-F317E1D0E31F.jpeg
    838.5 KB · Views: 6
  • 3953FD19-F3CB-47B2-BDE5-777C21547126.jpeg
    3953FD19-F3CB-47B2-BDE5-777C21547126.jpeg
    899.1 KB · Views: 6
We are having feather picking issues also. No mites,lots of extra protien,stuff to keep them busy... one thing keeps coming up though. Is it possible the have a touch of cannibalism?? We trimmed their beaks back and that helped with bleeding bums,but the feathers keep getting plucked. We use stop peck and bleed stop but the feathers keep getting plucked.?
Maybe. I don't think my chickens are doing that, though. I have Jess separated now. I'd she improves, then maybe it IS pecking.

Back
Top Bottom