Ugggggggggggg! Is this coop EVER going to be finished!

Your post made me smile. As you have read from the others ... it a very common condition. My wife knew not to make plans for any evening or weekend this spring. It took what seemed like forever.

Keep going ...one more board... you will make it!!

Make sure we all get pictures.

lo, ME TOO!!!
roll.png

Quote:
Close enough, only about 20 minutes from me. And boy doesn't it feel like winter's coming these last few nights! I got my flooring done today!

Can I join the club too? I swear we thought 120 man hours would certainly be enough! Been working on it since early August on the weekends, DH took all last week off to help me with the more advanced carpentry and as of today, we're STILL not finished! ARRGGHHHH! The chicks are in a chicken tractor and hating life- wanting their big wide expanse of roost! I know it'll be worth it as yours will be - must think of it as a labor of love and we do love our chickies, don't we? hang in there........ and post pics when you're done!

o man i hear ya...

we have been bustin our backsides for 2 weekends now and still are not done

today the task was the run, i had to join 120 feet of chicken wire to the posts and then cut another 120 feet in a 12" section to go around the top cause our run is 5 feet high , as i was twisting wire for hours i stabbed both my thumbs and scratched up my hands and arms

we have not even started to do the finishing touches on the inside, still have work to do on the out side, i am thinking about 2 more weekends and we should be done for a few weeks then we start insulating it
he.gif
and wiring it
he.gif
and then it will be time to heat it
he.gif

mmmmm............. I think I have ya'll all beat.. It took about a year and a half to get mine finished. We started in probably Feb or Mar of 08 and got the frame up it was 16x16. Then my hubby had to have major back surgery in Jul 08 so he was out of commission till the begining of 09. I guess we started working on it again around May and just got finished 3 weeks ago. (It doesn't help that we work every other weekend either) We did add another 5x8 on to the back of it for the "coop" We didn't enclose our coop because we rarely ever get temps below 35 or 40.

Here's a pic of it almost completed I still haven't taken one of it totally finished..... Not the best pic it's from my phone... Missi

41543_chicken_coop4.jpg

Well at least all of you got yours started!!! My son has supposed to have been building mine for the last 2 months, all I have to show is $350.00 worth of wood in my garage!
he.gif

Quote:
Every time I start to get some work done it RAINS again. I swear I've been working on this coop for a month now! REALLY it has one solid wall and a roof, the rest is fence, how long should it take???
Rain
he.gif

Back
Top Bottom