1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ugh.... Can't sleep....

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by ChobeeChickenMommy, Sep 12, 2011.

1. ChobeeChickenMommy

ChobeeChickenMommy Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 2, 2011
    Okeechobee, FL
    Sp here it is 4:15 am & yet again I cannot sleep........ I am so over this insomnia crap. But I refuse to take anything to make me go to sleep cause I am afraid I'll sleep through my 7 month old waking up for any feedings or diaper changes he may need... Anyone have any "home remedies" that I can try?! (Other than warm milk? I'm allergic.)

Blah, blah, blah... ramble, ramble, ramble...

So how was everyone's weekend?! Mine was honestly AMAZING! I celebrated my 25th birthday with my amazing husband & our 3 sons relaxing, fishing, and spending some time w/ my mother in law over in Matlacha, FL; & I got to pick up my new 6 month white Silkie babies 2 hens & 1 roo from fellow BYCer "ChooksinChoppers" yesterday on our drive home and they are such beauties! <3

[​IMG]

2. Godsgrl

Godsgrl Ostrich wrangler

Aug 27, 2007
    at the zoo usually
    I can't sleep either. My mind just won't stop racing, it's so frustrating. Happy Birthday, and wishes for many more. I had a family reunion, and went deep sea fishing over the weekend. Grand fun! Hope you get some sleep tonight...or this morning.

3. BorderKelpie

BorderKelpie Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 1, 2009
    outside Dallas
    I have had issues sleeping for years. Turn off the TV, get off the computer (sorry, the light from the monitor is not cunducive to sleep), drink a cup of nice, hot chamomile tea. Get in a nice comfy bed and try to stay awake by thinking of pleasant things that make you smile. For some reason, trying to stay awake helps me fall asleep. If I try to fall asleep, I get aggravated and can't. If nothing else, lying down and relaxing while thinking pleasant thoughts may help you feel refreshed. Not as good as sleeping, but at least you're resting. And, if you fall asleep that way, you fell asleep content at least, not worried and tense.

Best wishes!

4. sonew123

sonew123 Poultry Snuggie

Mar 16, 2009
    onchiota NY
    All natural sleep aids from health food store..Not addictive nor a drug. Alot of friends use them and love them. me I HAVE to use lunesta from time to time like last night-crashed hard at 9:30 and woke to the alarm at 5:30:)
    I could wake at the slightest noise though-so taking the sleep aid is not an issue for me not being able to hear a baby...

5. StupidBird

StupidBird Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 8, 2009
    GA
    read any textbook on the following subjects: Physics. Art History (as opposed to just History). Principles of Advanced Materials Engineering.

I could go on... [​IMG]

6. ChobeeChickenMommy

Sep 2, 2011
    Okeechobee, FL
    @BorderKelpie: My DH has to fall asleep to the tv, so usually our routine is we go to bed & once he's asleep I will turn the tv off & finally relax... but ever since I was pregnant w/ our 3rd son (our now 7 month old) I just can't seem to really sleep good any more... I Think I may have to try going to bed before my DH maybe...

@sonew123: I may go & look for some later today.

Thanks!!

7. ChooksinChoppers

ChooksinChoppers Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 24, 2011
    Ocala, Florida.
    You didnt tell me it was your BIRTHDAY! Happy Birthday! Now I am even gladder I had a "present" for you!
    [​IMG] Sleeping...ahhh I take a glass of wine to make my brain shut up

8. ChobeeChickenMommy

Sep 2, 2011
    Okeechobee, FL
    Quote:Yes'm last Thursday was my quarter century! So this weekend away was my celebration, lol... & I had a couple glasses of whine last night while watching the football game w/ JP & some friends but it didn't help.

9. flowergirl60

flowergirl60 Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 13, 2011
    Austin Tx
    I don't have a problem falling asleep, it's staying asleep. Ugh. I wake up anywhere from 1am to 4 am and never go back to sleep. I fall asleep at around 9 or so. Wake up and my mind is constantly telling me what I have to do laying awake with the wheels turning.[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 12, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by