1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Ugh, didn't pay attention to where eggs are coming from!!

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by madicakes, Mar 4, 2015.

1. madicakes

madicakes Chillin' With My Peeps

I placed an order yesterday through Papa's Poultry for some auto sexing OE and Cream Legbar hatching eggs. I was so excited to find the OE ones that I jumped on ordering them, as I hadn't had any luck locating chicks that I wasn't going to pay an arm and a leg for. I only ordered 6 eggs because I have a broody silkie, and she can't handle any more than that, and I have no incubator. I realized today that these eggs are coming from CA....and I'm in PA!!! I can only hope that some of them survive the USPS, and that I get at least one little pullet out of the hatch! Silly me for not even thinking to look at where they're located....argh.

2. rainbowrooster

rainbowrooster Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 26, 2011
    You will find that people have had great and horrible hatches regardless of how far the eggs have been shipped. Do your best and hope for the best.

3. JulesFlock

JulesFlock Out Of The Brooder

Jan 2, 2015
    I just received a shipment of silkies and cream legbars from papas poultry. I'm in nj and this was during the crazy negative temps we had. All arrived safe and sound and I have veins in the ones I spot checked at day 4. Keep the faith and good luck!! :)

4. madicakes

madicakes Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, that is great to hear! Thanks. Let us know how the hatch goes.

5. Honey B

Honey B Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 1, 2015
    Georgia
    Good luck with your hatch :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by