UGH!!! MOST HORRIBLE DAY EVER! POOR GOATS!

muscovy94

Crowing
15 Years
Nov 11, 2008
Vicksburg, MS
Yesterday was the most horrible day ever!! I decided to go walking, and when I was walking I saw one of our goats lying down, so I walked over to her, but it turns out she was dead, with a dead baby goat halfway out of the moma's body. I didn't even know she was pregnant. I didn't even know she could get pregnant, because the only male we have is a pygmy goat, and the moma is a big goat. I just wish I would have known she was pregnant so I could have been watching her.

I'm so very sorry.
sad.png
hugs.gif
Poor little things.

Oh that's sooo sad! I am so sorry to hear that! I hear that size doesn't matter:lau

I know when breeding you don't breed small does with large bucks but the other way is OK. Something with the size of birth canal. He must have stood on a rock or something
gig.gif

But still, your poor doe and baby!
hugs.gif

Sorry to her that..
I know ppl the kid out all year long..
pygmys can breed a full size goat...
Pygmy buck / Angora doe cross Pygora.
The Pygora goat was purposely bred and then registered starting in Oregon by Katherine Jorgensen. She wanted an animal, which would produce fine fiber for hand spinning. She bred the Pygmy, a goat with short, soft down to the Angora, a goat with long silky fleece. The Pygora Breeders Association was formed in 1987. Since then, the Pygora has increased in number and popularity. Today the registered Pygora goat may not be more than 75% AAGBA registered Angora goat or 75% NPGA registered Pygmy goat.

www.pygoragoats.org
chris

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry to hear about your loss. What a nightmare for you to have had to find that!

Yeah, there are goats that are still kidding this time of year. I have a nubian who's due any day now.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom