UGH!!What should I do???

Quote:
I've considered doing that, but most of our cats are old and fat, and it really isn't necessary. However, James, the one that caught this bird, is young. He usually isn't much of a hunter though. He's about 4 years old, and I think this is the second thing he's caught, thankfully. We make sure that any bird feeders we have are high up, (like my husband who is 6'5" has to use a 10' ladder to put seed in them), and if seed does fall, it is in areas that my cats usually aren't in, like the chicken yard. My cats usually stay on the top part of the property, so they don't have to be bothered by the dogs. I'd keep them inside, but I'm really allergic to cats. Not sure how James was able to sneek up on this poor thing. He really didn't even know what to do with it. Most times when you try to take a kill away from a cat they get all growly and crazy. James just patted around and made no effort to take it away when I went over to him.

I was at an Audubon meeting yesterday and they were talking about museum collections of birds. Perhaps you can call your local museum and see if they'd like it for their collection if you still have it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom