UGLY Mexican Hen

I don't think she is ughly at all but, if she hears you calling her that - she may go on strike and NO EGGS for you. I wish you could take a close up pictures of her alone, so we can see her better. I think she was just intiminated by the big roo. I'd be scared too.

It's a shame that "only seller," gets your business when his chickens aren't what they are supposed to be. Too bad you can't get what you really want, raise up chicks and become the 'SELLER" and put him out of business.

Quote:
Otra vez! That guy probably took you again! That hen is probably spent, meaning she is done with the egg laying part of her life. Mexico is full of chickens. Ask around; find another supplier.

Rufus

Quote:
I never said she did. Just mentioned the looser feathers.

Try reading my post again. Take a breath and realize what I was saying to who. I was only mentioning feathers and what I had FIRST thought, but realized it was mixed. Simple!

Thought maybe I made a mistake with the pic and wasn't seeing poofy feathers, so at first she looked roo-ish, but if she IS mixed??? Could be mixed with anything.

You've taken a simple remark at another poster and taken it completely out of context.

The planets are funny right now. Maybe you'll realize I wasn't putting her down at all and only make a comment to another person explaining she was mixed.

And since I was the only one who quoted him in my post, you took it as two men putting you down.

Good luck with your girls. I hope you enjoy them.

yes, deep breath, I'm not offended. Chickens are for the funny farm! Maybe it is a roo! It has greyish legs in comparison to the other two, which are more yellow...UGH I don't know! You have to remember, I don't live in the USA~! If they're roos, I'm taking them back! but see, i've seen these chickens before. They'll sit in the trees!

68866_img_3443.jpg

68866_img_3458.jpg

68866_img_1196.jpg

68866_img_1204.jpg

Rufus, chickens there may be, but finding them is the problem! I had two vets and a pet store tell me that he was the one to go to. It was nice of the viviero lady to give me one of hers. She had it because someone from Michoacan was able to bring chicks in for an elementary school project and when they were done, they gave them to her. Maybe I can go back again and ask her for more if the school does the same project. Or maybe, if I want to go out of my way again, I'll even ask at the school if they can bring me some. Such a pain!

They are girls. Exceedingly funny looking, but beautiful in their own way, girls.

I would ask for a picture of their saddle feathers, but I think I see a bald spot on their backs, meaning some rooster somewhere has been paying them plenty of attention.

There are hens like these running around my neighborhood. BTW I live in the HOOD. LOL

Lots of people here own games. Some of mine have the coloring of yours, but different tails.

Some of the hens on the streets have the same tails as yours.

They don't look so poofy in these pics. LOL

they're running around in your neighborhood??? I suppose it's largely latinos too
lol.png
They probably brought them up from Mexico with them!
lau.gif

Well, what can I say, "que milagro!" the general consensus is that I actually got hens! tehehe
yippiechickie.gif
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom