Uh, is someone ready for lockdown a little early?

Done! I still think it's too early to lock down. What's your humidity at right now?
The humidity is not cooperating. :barnie
It keeps dropping down to 45 or so. I added more water, which lowered the temp, then I went for plan b and did a quick atomizer spray, so it's about 50.

So the harder I stare at the egg, the sooner he'll zip, right? :duc

Attachments

• 20220211_134358.jpg
    20220211_134358.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 4
Chirping = internal pip = stop turning

Congrats!
:love Yep, that's what I did, thanks to some early morning help from @MGG and added help from @Miss Lydia! He's in his little hatchling tank, rocking his egg around. I was the most concerned about shrink wrapping, but if there's chirping, I'm going to take a leap and assume that means there's breathing air and I leave him alone until he's ready to come out. Now I'm going to have to crochet or something to keep from having my face pressed up against the glass. Anybody need a scarf or three? :jumpy

Hello! It's been about 30 hours since #1 pipped internally, and now he's got 3 others following his example. He started a revolution! @Miss Lydia recommended @WVduckchick, @shawluvsbirds, and @FunnyfarmMidwest as call owners who could suggest when and if rescue holes are needed, since these are calls and have tiny beaks! Keeping the temp/humidity in the aquarium is a little difficult, but I have much more control over it than I would in the incubator by making simple adjustments and not having to open it completely.

Back
Top Bottom