UH OH..Suddenly have a "contract" for eggs, but exceeds my Supply !

ladychicken&Ducklover

Songster
8 Years
May 21, 2011
Champion, Michigan
So, I've had an out of state person who would come to Michigan weekly, to buy ALL my eggs , but he wants mostly my duck eggs.

Between my 2 ducks who lay 3 eggs daily and my 6 laying hens , I get 6 dozen a week.

Now, today , I get a call from a the owner of our most popular steakhouse about 1 mile from my house , wanting to " contract " with me for 5-6 dozen every Sunday.

Since my sign says that I " Deliver ", I told her I would bring what I had left ( 3 dozen ), to her.

Well , I brought her the eggs , she paid me and Tipped me $2 !

My next group of hens won't be here until April 10, even then they'll be just chicks !!

This is Wonderful !, I love it !

Just wanted to share my joy !

So, I've had an out of state person who would come to Michigan weekly, to buy ALL my eggs , but he wants mostly my duck eggs.
Between my 2 ducks who lay 3 eggs daily and my 6 laying hens , I get 6 dozen a week.
Now, today , I get a call from a the owner of our most popular steakhouse about 1 mile from my house , wanting to " contract " with me for 5-6 dozen every Sunday.
Since my sign says that I " Deliver ", I told her I would bring what I had left ( 3 dozen ), to her.
Well , I brought her the eggs , she paid me and Tipped me $2 !
My next group of hens won't be here until April 10, even then they'll be just chicks !!
This is Wonderful !, I love it !
Just wanted to share my joy !

Congrats. Have you considered picking up a dozen POL pullets to tide you over until your own chicks reach maturity?

wee.gif

Back
Top Bottom