Uhhh... why is our girl doing this?

DuckDuckPromise

Songster
Premium Feather Member
Oct 4, 2021
Hey there friends! I have 4 Pekin ducks... okay, so Praise The Lord, everyday I get 3 eggs from their coop!!! Which is great! It would leave on to believe though, that there are 3 girl duckies, right?! And also a thankful thing, I am 99.99999% certain that we know who the drake is, but he doesn’t have a curly tail... the thing is though, He is bigger, sounds different, and simply appears to be a boy. Now y’all I’m going to be as vague as possible so as not to get in trouble... but the one who I am fairly certain is a boy was standing outside of their pool this afternoon. This means that the rest of the ones in the pool would be females... and.... and then one of the females “mounted” (for lack of a better term, I don’t know what it’s called in duck language. 😳😳) another female. Why on earth would she do this?!?! Any clues or helpful hints? I was baffled and a few seconds later she stopped, hopped out, flapped her wings, and began preening, as if what she just done was totally fine! Y’all, what was she doing?! 😂😂. Have a blessed day!!!

Hey there friends! I have 4 Pekin ducks... okay, so Praise The Lord, everyday I get 3 eggs from their coop!!! Which is great! It would leave on to believe though, that there are 3 girl duckies, right?! And also a thankful thing, I am 99.99999% certain that we know who the drake is, but he doesn’t have a curly tail... the thing is though, He is bigger, sounds different, and simply appears to be a boy. Now y’all I’m going to be as vague as possible so as not to get in trouble... but the one who I am fairly certain is a boy was standing outside of their pool this afternoon. This means that the rest of the ones in the pool would be females... and.... and then one of the females “mounted” (for lack of a better term, I don’t know what it’s called in duck language. 😳😳) another female. Why on earth would she do this?!?! Any clues or helpful hints? I was baffled and a few seconds later she stopped, hopped out, flapped her wings, and began preening, as if what she just done was totally fine! Y’all, what was she doing?! 😂😂. Have a blessed day!!!
She was most likely showing the other female dominance. My Cayugas used to do that a lot too.

Back
Top Bottom