UK Member Please Say HI

frow.gif
hi how are they getting on? how old are they?
mine are still at the egg stage! lol

Last edited:
They are 21 weeks, I got them at 15. I have a light Sussex, a Bluebelle and a Goldline. They started laying just over a week ago and we get an egg each a day at the moment. They are being a bit noisy early around 6:30 recently and it isn't the egg laying such happens later in the morning and they are pretty quiet the rest of the day. I don't remember my parents' chickens being so loud. I really love them already and am worried they will annoy the neighbours because I wouldn't want to have to part with them. I have tried feeding them as soon as ai get up, not feeding them right away keeping them in the coop covered, leaving the door into the run open and food in there but nothing seems to work. I am going to try leaving treat food such as scattered meal worms and corn in the run after they go to bed and filling the treat ball and plastic bottles with treats to chase I have hung up a whole cabbage as they like playing 'swing ball'. I am hoping this will keep them amused but to be fair they have quite a bit of space and two different sorts of perch as well as earth and bark to scratch on and two logs etc. My daughter is a zookeeper and never stops about habitat enrichment! The light Sussex Carole who is my favourite is actually the worst she sounds like an ostrich!The Bluebelle is called Maggie and the Goldline is Michonne (Walking Dead reference!).

:frow hi how are they getting on? how old are they?
mine are still at the egg stage! lol
they are two weeks old and they are just learning to fly
1f648.png
lovely characters though when they were a couple days old I would put my hand in and they would jump right in and they still do that now! What day are you on now? Try not to stare at the incubator whilst being in lockdown like I did lol

I'm on 10 day. And I'm never doing it again!!!! lol
Your chickie-chicks sound lovely, I'm seem to remember reading that they like shiny things, bells and things, that might help with noise control or at least make it more tuneful !

I'm on 10 day. And I'm never doing it again!!!! lol
Your chickie-chicks sound lovely, I'm seem to remember reading that they like shiny things, bells and things, that might help with noise control or at least make it more tuneful !
I said that when I first done it trust me your be addicted when you see them hatch lol. Day ten getting close then! Mine aren't to noisy yet one does this lovely soft crow when he can't see the other (I think it's a male). How many you hatching?

​we put 24 eggs in 2 bators to see which works best. 12 harlequin and 12 coturnix But I don't hold out much hope. We 've had to many probs trying to keep humidity levels, level
mine has been the same this time around my duck eggs are going into lockdown Thursday the aircells are pretty all over the place but we shall see! I'm excited to see your harlequin chicks I haven't done them yet!

jumpy.gif

and I will defiantly post loads of pics so you can see them.
you go into lockdown on Thursday? good luck with the ducks I hope it works out, I can't really see much at all in the quail eggs, but I have seen a bit in a couple, so fingers crossed and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too
let me see the pics of the ducks, hun
jumpy.gif

:jumpy

and I will defiantly post loads of pics so you can see them.
you go into lockdown on Thursday? good luck with the ducks I hope it works out, I can't really see much at all in the quail eggs, but I have seen a bit in a couple, so fingers crossed and I'll keep my fingers crossed for you too
 let me see the pics of the ducks, hun :jumpy
I haven't had much luck with duck eggs really but I'm not giving up! That's a good thing if you can't see through them means there's something in them. Best thing you can do when you put them into lockdown is keep busy because you will spend hours staring lol. Good luck and I shall definitely post pics of the ducks
1f423.png

you know we've got a bird nest on top of the chimney and one of the chicks started twittering today....it was so loud down the chimney stack I leapt out of my skin! I thought oh Christ one of them's hatched already!!
ep.gif

Back
Top Bottom