UK Member Please Say HI

I had to make a pact with myself that I'm not allowed to hatch anymore chicks until I cull all the excess cockerels from last year (and one or two from the year before
ep.gif
) I have broody pekins ganging up on me and have been for a couple of months now, but I'm standing my ground and being resolute. Of course, if my favourite broody offers her services, I may be unable to resist. Thankfully she isn't tempting fate so far. Maybe I could do with a cornsnake or three although I guess most of my guys are well past their capabilities and I need something a bit larger...boa constrictor perhaps!

I had to make a pact with myself that I'm not allowed to hatch anymore chicks until I cull all the excess cockerels from last year (and one or two from the year before:eek: )   I have broody pekins ganging up on me and have been for a couple of months now, but I'm standing my ground and being resolute. Of course, if my favourite broody offers her services, I may be unable to resist. Thankfully she isn't tempting fate so far. Maybe I could do with a cornsnake or three although I guess most of my guys are well past their capabilities and I need something a bit larger...boa constrictor perhaps!

Lol I tryed to make a pack with myself not to hatch for a month or two, but it only lasted a few days- I'm setting a load more eggs again :oops:.

well you are braver ladies than I, because I am never doing this again!!
I will try to encourage my quail (if I get any) to raise there own and I might get a cock on loan But I am never going through this again xx

hey hun x how are you? please don't tell me it may be horrible. I've already read about blocked bums, sticky eyes, splayed legs and runnie bellie buttons.....don't tell me there's more??!!
And they haven't gone into lockdown yet....So I have humid percents and temps to worry about,,,, "which to raise and which to low" lol x

They are into lockdown now ones pipped can see it's bill
1f60d.png
only thing is the membrane is starting to look brown so may have to help it if it can't help itself. What day you on now? All that is nothing to worry about I had a few quails come out with crossed beaks!!! They didn't make it. Don't think I'll be sleeping tonight worrying about this duck lol xx

Back
Top Bottom