1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

UK Member Please Say HI

Discussion in 'Where am I? Where are you!' started by Habibs Hens, Apr 23, 2012.

1. heidiammar

heidiammar Out Of The Brooder

May 19, 2015
    birmingham uk
    heyy I'm from Birmingham just joined the page.I have 7 chicks ;)

2. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop
    Hi :welcome both of you @KirstieJG Those are some gorgeous babies and birds you have there. Have loved looking through your pics!! Yes it can be addictive, I've just had my fourth hatch this year of polish and some polish x chicks. Can't wait to get the incubator back on again :oops: @heidiammar What breed have you got? Have you just started out keeping chickens? I love raising chicks, it's so much fun.

3. heidiammar

May 19, 2015
    birmingham uk
    yes i have 1 light sussex 1 polish 2 silkies 2 seramas and one not sure. I have posted my intro in the new members area all my pics are there i will post the link below.

https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/982271/new-member-intro
    scroll down and you will see the pics. I have eggs that hatched in the past 2 days most amazing experience!

4. KirstieJG

KirstieJG Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 3, 2015
    The polish are beautiful. Do you have pics?

The dark chicks in the photo are from a polish hen. I havent got into genetics but I find it interesting. The mum of these was a light speckled polish and the dad is a peking. The light chick is from the same dad but a white silkie, he/she doesnt seem to have the silkie feathers though.

5. jay0318

jay0318 Out Of The Brooder

May 5, 2015
    Does anyone know any silkie breeders that DO vaccinate against marek's disease in the east midlands ?
    Thanks !

6. loulou71

loulou71 New Egg

May 21, 2015
    essex
    Hey new to this site, I have 2 Bluebells and 2 Bantams and live in there newly built home in Braintree, Esses, UK :)

7. Yorkshire Coop

Yorkshire Coop Moderator Staff Member

Aug 16, 2014
    Yorkshire UK
    My Coop

Welcome to the thread! Sorry but I don't any breeders of silkies who vaccinate against mareks. Good luck though :fl

Hi :welcome

I have not had bluebells before but do have some polish bantams. What breed of bantams do you have? Have you had them long or have you just started out?

8. heidiammar

May 19, 2015
    birmingham uk

Ooo not to far from Colchester I was born there lived there for 18 years till I got married and moved to London then Birmingham.

9. loulou71

loulou71 New Egg

May 21, 2015
    essex
    HI

Just started out and we got the 2 bluebells and 2 bantams about 5 weeks ago, we are not sure what breed bantams are one looks like a pheasant and the other is a small black one, we also bought yesterday 2 Orpington cuckoo lemons which are about 12wks old and are so cute [​IMG]

10. loulou71

loulou71 New Egg

May 21, 2015
    essex
    HI

Just started out and we got the 2 bluebells and 2 bantams about 5 weeks ago, we are not sure what breed bantams are one looks like a pheasant and the other is a small black one, we also bought yesterday 2 Orpington cuckoo lemons which are about 12wks old and are so cute [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by