UK Member Please Say HI

Personally I have a wellsummer an easter-egger a French copper maran, 6 chick's of dubious parentage, 4 ayam cemani's. I also have a incubater with 6 ayam pure breed 2 ayam x Road island bantam & 4 Derbyshire red cap's. But as a family we have several other breeds inc d'anvers, pekins, araucana's and more pluss crosses there of lol
sounds like you have your hands full! :)

Hi everyone! New to the group and just found the UK thread. We recently got 4 chickens for the garden (Bluebelle; Speckledy; Rhode Rock and Calder Ranger). We always had chickens when I was growing up but this is the first time I've bought my own. We got them from a local poultry supplier who states they are all vaccinated - but I don't know against what and also how necessary it is. When I contacted the seller they just said they're vaccinated but didn't answer when I asked against what. Should I be concerned? They all look quite happy and healthy (although one of them had a few rather runny yellow poops yesterday) and they'll be free-ranging soon so shouldn't think there is too much risk of anything nasty building up. But then I am a novice so please let me know if I've got anything wrong! Am I also right that because they are POL their combs aren't as red until they mature and start to lay?

I'm in Shropshire by the way and also own a husband and two little girls - luckily they don't also poop on my lawn :lol:

Hi everyone! New to the group and just found the UK thread. We recently got 4 chickens for the garden (Bluebelle; Speckledy; Rhode Rock and Calder Ranger). We always had chickens when I was growing up but this is the first time I've bought my own. We got them from a local poultry supplier who states they are all vaccinated - but I don't know against what and also how necessary it is. When I contacted the seller they just said they're vaccinated but didn't answer when I asked against what. Should I be concerned? They all look quite happy and healthy (although one of them had a few rather runny yellow poops yesterday) and they'll be free-ranging soon so shouldn't think there is too much risk of anything nasty building up. But then I am a novice so please let me know if I've got anything wrong! Am I also right that because they are POL their combs aren't as red until they mature and start to lay?

I'm in Shropshire by the way and also own a husband and two little girls - luckily they don't also poop on my lawn :lol:
Welcome to the forum!:welcome

It might be best to start a new thread asking about your hens. Do you know how to?
Does the poo look like this?
20210701_153238.jpg

Welcome! Vaccinations are mostly a bit overkill unless you run a commercial poultry business with thousands of birds. Don't worry about it. They've prob been vaccinated against salmonella and Mareks at a guess.

Enjoy your chickens!

Also Google caecal faeces. As I think @KingB was thinking.

hey, how many peeps on here would be interested in a smooth white polish rooster? I won't be rehoming him until a few months (when he starts crowing). He's only 9wks old so there's no rush. I just wanted to see how any people would be interested.
I'm around essex

Back
Top Bottom