UK Member Please Say HI

I think it felt more rounded than thin my other question is if it is indeed a roo who do I contact to take it as I could not keep it due to noise and how on earth can it's bone be there
My lot have pecked a bit but I've not seen em with baseball
26be.png
bats lol

Ok I've phoned rspca they given me a log number to take to my vets so we shall find out what an earth is wrong see If it's cock or hen I think cock I'll update with news when I know

Just decreased the flock from 7 to 5. One of my wife's colleague's was after some more for his flock. So he's taken the aggressive leghorn and the brown chick. He has a flock of 7 already which are completely free range so they went to a decent home. Leaves us with the other leghorn two banthams and two unknown chicks. So one layer will do for now and well see what the two chicks end up being!

Ok I've phoned rspca they given me a log number to take to my vets so we shall find out what an earth is wrong see If it's cock or hen I think cock I'll update with news when I know

I'm intrigued to know too as this has me stumped :idunno

Not moved for well over a hour

Oh dear, it must be very under the weather, love the bivvy by the way! That's a great idea for its use.

Just decreased the flock from 7 to 5. One of my wife's colleague's was after some more for his flock. So he's taken the aggressive leghorn and the brown chick. He has a flock of 7 already which are completely free range so they went to a decent home. Leaves us with the other leghorn two banthams and two unknown chicks. So one layer will do for now and well see what the two chicks end up being!

That's great they have gone to a new home :D

:pop on the chicks!

Hi everyone.

I've not LinkedIn for a while .
I still have a poorly Sussex hen.

She is hardly walking and is breathing through her mouth.

Any ideas?

Her poppy bum has stayed fairly clean n I think that maybe she is just to feathery.

She has been sitting more and more.

News update the chicken is a hen I'm shocked but sadly it had to be put to sleep the bone I thought I was feeling was indeed a bone its wing was totally broken and had gone through to its chest the coracol I'm sad but I know we did our best

Last edited:
News update the chicken is a hen I'm shocked but sadly it had to be put to sleep the bone I thought I was feeling was indeed a bone its wing was totally broken and had gone through to its chest the coracol I'm sad but I know we did our best

I'm so sorry :hugs You did all you could and the end will have been peaceful for her :hugs
At least you know you were not going crazy and it was a bone you were feeling,

Last edited:
Hi everyone.

I've not LinkedIn for a while .
I still have a poorly Sussex hen.

She is hardly walking and is breathing through her mouth.

Any ideas?

Her poppy bum has stayed fairly clean n I think that maybe she is just to feathery.

She has been sitting more and more.

:frow

Has she laid recently? Eating, drinking? How does her crop feel? Is she panting like she is hot?

Back
Top Bottom