UK Member Please Say HI

Don't be......

I agree.

All you can do is your best. When you think of how many people keep chickens in the UK it would be extremely bad luck for your lovely chickens to catch it.

I'm more worried about missing my 6 lovely ladies, and my 4 cats, when I go back to work tomorrow after 2 months sickness. I have got so used to spending loads of time with them -that is the bit am really dreading- not going back to school ha ha.

Keep smiling x

Hi everyone new to this site just joined, I'm in Leeds west Yorkshire
welcome-byc.gif

You will love it here.

I'm sure I will just looking around to see what people talk about, I joined to find some tips and advise on sourcrop initially as my silkie had gone down with it unfortunately she passed away early hours of this morning,I did however pick up a lot of useful information,we are new to keeping chickens,but I had racing pigeons for year's

Hi everyone new to this site just joined, I'm in Leeds west Yorkshire

I'm sure I will just looking around to see what people talk about, I joined to find some tips and advise on sourcrop initially as my silkie had gone down with it unfortunately she passed away early hours of this morning,I did however pick up a lot of useful information,we are new to keeping chickens,but I had racing pigeons for year's

Hi :welcome and the thread!

Sorry to hear about the loss of your silkie :hugs
Do you just keep silkies or do you have other breeds too?

Thanx,we have seramas too only keep a few of each breed just as pets really looking at getting a couple of Poland's.

I have some polish eggs in incy at moment so fingers crossed for a successful hatch,this bird flu is very worrying I'm unsure whether to let my birds out to free range or keep them in their runs.

I have some polish eggs in incy at moment so fingers crossed for a successful hatch,this bird flu is very worrying I'm unsure whether to let my birds out to free range or keep them in their runs.

Our two have been kept in their pen and covered with plastic sheeting since the restrictions were first in place. Now there are more cases of bird flu in the uk we have cleared the garage this weekend and put heir pen in there. Luckily it's big enough and gets lots of natural light. Everybody can only do their best to keep their birds from coming in contact with wild birds but I'd at least keep them cooped up and cover their pen if possible. Definitely make sure their food and water is out of reach of any wild birds or their droppings.

Back
Top Bottom