UK Member Please Say HI

I have some polish eggs in incy at moment so fingers crossed for a successful hatch,this bird flu is very worrying I'm unsure whether to let my birds out to free range or keep them in their runs.

Ooh what day are they on? What colours?

Fascinates me how they know where to go! :thumbsup

Me too many theories about It but none proven,iv had birds that have flown over 500 mile in a day and some that were lost a mile from home all very intreging. We are hoping to start showing our chucks at somepoint

Me too on how they know where to go home :idunno

We had a racing pigeon hanging around last summer, I tried to catch it and got pretty close but it left after about 4 days. Will it have just got off course?

Me too many theories about It but none proven,iv had birds that have flown over 500 mile in a day and some that were lost a mile from home all very intreging. We are hoping to start showing our chucks at somepoint

Amazing. Have you any pics please?

Mine are tatty silkies ha ha that I adopted a few months ago. Not sure of their background and Bridget is brown. I love them but don't think they'd win any prizes in a show ha ha.

Probably many are lost on every race,some will return eventually I had one return after a year ,he went on to win quite a few races and sired a few winners,he lived to 12 years old. Re the polish eggs their on day 5 and are mixed colours so don't know what we may get extra excitement I guess lol

This is not the first time bird flu has raised its head again the government and authoritys are scare mongering there will always be some kind of threat bird flu, swine flu etc.. Yes swans are protected but if infected then do need to be culled, hope this bird flu soon goes away, I remember an outbreak years back when racing pigeons we had a transporter stuck in France for over 2 weeks wasn't a very good outcome sadly

Yes ths is what I thought they all live in the sanctuary together and surely to god they are gonna be more likely to.spread it ? I do not see the difference

If a farmer had birds with the virus they would be culled no questions asked, swans are protected and come under some ancient law to do with the monarchy

Probably many are lost on every race,some will return eventually I had one return after a year ,he went on to win quite a few races and sired a few winners,he lived to 12 years old. Re the polish eggs their on day 5 and are mixed colours so don't know what we may get extra excitement I guess lol

Oh wow that's a long time to be missing, is 12 good for pigeons? I hope the one that was here managed to get home ok. It was a friendly little thing and I got used to it being around.

Love the mixed colours, like pot luck when they hatch :clap

I haven't any pictures at moment my daughter probley has there her birds really but I seem to do all the cleaning and careing lol but I don't mind realy

12 is a good age for a pigeon known to live longer tho, he had obviously been looked after while missing he was spotless and in great condition when he returned,I remember loosing him as a youngster in his 3rd race but he sure proved to be winner

If this bird flu continues pigeon racing will be hit hard and probley stopped for a while although not quite racing season yet breeding and showing season at mi

This plastic sheeting from BnQ is a god send! We've used one roll that was really cheap for covering their pen, covering the garage floor and our floor in the extension so they can come in for a run around and not ruin the carpet. I'd highly recommend! There's still loads left too! I might go crazy and carpet the whole house so they can free range and live along side us!!
1f61c.png
Only joking... Only been married 5 months and reckon that could result in an early divorce
1f602.png

Back
Top Bottom