UK Member Please Say HI

Yeah I even think one might be a Welsummer. Certainly a mixed lot. I really had my eye on a box of Cuckoo Marans chicks, but I wasn't prepared to keep bidding after they hit double figures.

We haven't had chooks for just over a decade, we lived with a badger set in the garden for a long time and didn't want to risk a flock with badgers running loose in the yard. When we did last have hens we had, silkies, peakins, araucanas, and legbar/silkie crosses.

Some sure can get to high prices! Wow a badger set, I find them fascinating.

Hello all

I'm J from Huddersfield in West Yorkshire, UK. I am new to all this, and here to learn. I want to raise a few hens for eggs towards the end of my garden. :)

Hi :welcome & the thread!
Have you started keeping already or still in the planning phase?

Well I just checked on the eggs making sure temp etc is ok in this heat and I have a pip!!! :eek: It's only day 26!! I've never had a early pipper I don't know what to do with myself :celebrate I'm thinking it could of been the heat a couple weeks back maybe?

Hi I have kept quail for nearly a year I love my little monsters so much I would highly recommend them ! X :wee
are you thinking of coturnix/ Japanese or button/ Chinese quail ?

Yep, Coturnix are in the incubator now. I haven't been able to pick up any buttons so far, but I think I will as and when I can. I am writing a wee article on the site, with pics etc. I will have it finished tomorrow.. Half the craic is just doing it! I have to say, I am loving the whole process.

Well I just checked on the eggs making sure temp etc is ok in this heat and I have a pip!!! :eek: It's only day 26!! I've never had a early pipper I don't know what to do with myself :celebrate I'm thinking it could of been the heat a couple weeks back maybe?

How exciting :clap Still just that one pipped? Maybe a hot spot in the incubator? Or it just can't wait!

Yep, Coturnix are in the incubator now. I haven't been able to pick up any buttons so far, but I think I will as and when I can. I am writing a wee article on the site, with pics etc. I will have it finished tomorrow.. Half the craic is just doing it! I have to say, I am loving the whole process.

Looking forward to checking out your article :pop

Hey UK peeps, had someone point me in the direction of this thread so figured i'd stop in and say Hi.

Nice to see a few local's hopefully might run into you at Melton f&f auctions.

Have just rejoined the fold yesterday with a box of 10 mixed chooks (actually had 11 in the box), if anyone sold a box of 10 yesterday at Melton f&f and had any idea of what they were would love to be filled in. I'm sure of a few cuckoo marans and naked necks, maybe a legbar, failing that in a few days once they settle in i'll get some pics up in the identify forums and see what we have.

It wasn't me selling at f&f !

One of my duck eggs has this :confused: never seen it before anyone know what it is?

Attachments

• IMG_7394.JPG
    IMG_7394.JPG
    265 KB · Views: 1

Back
Top Bottom