UK Member Please Say HI

Where do you folks get your button quails? I wouldn't mind a few fertile eggs.. ;)

BTW, do you think it would be handy to have a UK section? Just thinking that we have quite distinct needs and set ups etc

I have never done button quail so can't be of help.
Do you mean a UK section for buying and selling? If so there is the "Outside of US" section of the buy sell trade ~ https://www.backyardchickens.com/forums/outside-of-u-s-other-countries-should-list-bst.16190/
All ads including wanted need to be kept in that section and not in general threads.

As a rule I'm not into "Pretty Chickens" but started last year with Wyndotte bantams (for Mrs C) :rolleyes:
And I must admit I'm quite taken with them.
I've bred some lovely Blue Laced, Buff Laced and Gold Laced chicks :thumbsup

Very nice and lucky Mrs C :)

Hi fellow brits, just joined main BYC forum and found this thread hidden away

Welcome to the thread and BYC :frow Do you have chickens at the moment?

Colour has dropped off I bit now but I'm still happy with the Marans girls efforts today :thumbup:

Nice eggs there, good size too!

Well I just checked on the eggs making sure temp etc is ok in this heat and I have a pip!!! :eek: It's only day 26!! I've never had a early pipper I don't know what to do with myself :celebrate I'm thinking it could of been the heat a couple weeks back maybe?

For some reason I haven't been getting notifications from this thread...
So sorry to hear it's not gone well with this hatch. :hugs
Hopefully next spring will be a whole new year for you :)
Did any of them hatch?

For some reason I haven't been getting notifications from this thread...
So sorry to hear it's not gone well with this hatch. :hugs
Hopefully next spring will be a whole new year for you :)
Did any of them hatch?
I get that at times. Yeah one hatched although it's not a runner I don't think it's more like a appleyard! eBay eggs are so awful. Well I'm hoping next year I won't have to buy eggs I can hatch my own :) how's your little ones?

I get that at times. Yeah one hatched although it's not a runner I don't think it's more like a appleyard! eBay eggs are so awful. Well I'm hoping next year I won't have to buy eggs I can hatch my own :) how's your little ones?

They're doing really well. All 6 running and flapping around. They're already flying/jumping to sit on the sides of their brooder, so they might need to hop it out of my office v.soon.
I've bred my ex batts with my CCL Roo ! I'm hoping for lots of green eggs... at the minute I've got some very cute barred chicks and 2 white ones

i travel and pick eggs up whenever possible, I have some Marans eggs due to hatch end of the week I went to Lancashire for them.

Last hatch this year for me.
Although I've said that twice before :rolleyes:

Marans eggs are definitely next on my list, but for some reason I'm thinking English standard, not French... however they seem hard to come by.
Either way, Marans are on my watch list. I hear many scary stories about ebay eggs...

How did you choose your Lancashire supplier?
How are they getting on?

Welcome to the thread and BYC :frow Do you have chickens at the moment?
Hi, thanks , yes I have plenty of chickens - too many infact
I have 18 ginger rangers, 16 pekins, 2 gold tops, 2 light sussex,
RIR, CLB and 2 RIR cross cockerels
4 Aylesbury Ducks
1 white iniand runner
2 Cuckoo Araucana pullets (i think)
1 Black rock

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom