UK Member Please Say HI

Just changed the leg tags in the 4 "special" Marans chicks so I can keep an eye out for a cockerel from a very dark egg and look like I will have 3 to choose from :clap

There in the stable next to the Labrador pups
It's all go :rolleyes:

Feathering up nicely for 2 weeks old.

Attachments

• IMG_4668.JPG
    IMG_4668.JPG
    372.6 KB · Views: 3
This is Clyde! Lovely little boy even protective of the ducks :lau they are vicious birds I won't have them again I'll stick to chickens and ducks.

He looks a lovely chap :D
I wouldn't mind getting some quail again, we lost Kipper the dog so at they would be safe. Not sure yet though.

Just changed the leg tags in the 4 "special" Marans chicks so I can keep an eye out for a cockerel from a very dark egg and look like I will have 3 to choose from :clap

Sounds busy there with pups and chicks! They sure are coming on well with their feathering :clap

He looks a lovely chap :D
I wouldn't mind getting some quail again, we lost Kipper the dog so at they would be safe. Not sure yet though.

Sounds busy there with pups and chicks! They sure are coming on well with their feathering :clap
Thanks :D the good thing about quail is you don't have to wait aslong for them to hatch or start laying. They are seriously cute as chicks aswell :love

Thanks :D the good thing about quail is you don't have to wait aslong for them to hatch or start laying. They are seriously cute as chicks aswell :love

Yeah my last lot of quail I incubated and hatched myself, like little bumble bees in the incubator they were :D

Lovely, sweet chicks. In the process of refurbing part of an old bothy for a utility space to hopefully do the same soon ☺

Hi :frow

I think it's the cold summer. Bringing their feathers on more quickly. Mine are similar.
It's great that the chicks at different ages all get on. Having more pens would just make it complicated.

I think it's the cold summer. Bringing their feathers on more quickly. Mine are similar.
It's great that the chicks at different ages all get on. Having more pens would just make it complicated.
Your lucky with that! Been trying to introduce my maran chicks and Indianrunner duckling to the flock and my polish boy hates them he chases them round pulling their feathers out :he so have to build a new pen which is irritating

Back
Top Bottom