UK Member Please Say HI

Hmm actually even with bantam eggs, 6 is a bit much :lol:

Oh no warriorgal- it's so hard saying goodbye to part of the gang...I still miss our boys now and the little flock seems completely different. Really hope you can find them a nice home...I guess we're getting to a time of year where it might be easier to find you a white Poland/silkie for Joffrey as well??

Aye thanks chicknovice, I will chat to the guy who has some silkies and take it from there i guess. I dont know any other way around it, but Its been half expected. I would prefer them to go to good home, not sure how easy it is to get homes for roosters. If I give them away free someone might think cheap dinner lol, so I shall need to ask a price for them (if its someone i dont know).

Keeper had his op today and it’s gone well :) 3 hours of worry whilst he was under though! I just called them and the nurse said he was doing ok but was woozy from the strong pain killers he’s on. Wagging his tail though when they see to him! Can’t wait to get him home for some cuddles as I’m sure he will think we have abandoned him right now! As annoying as he is with certain things I sure am missing the little guy :(

On a good note Jean, Dolly & Twinkle have figured out the bedtime routine :clap This evening & yesterday they were all up in the coop when I went to lock up. Got two eggs yesterday and another two today, not sure what to do with them all :lol:

Yum...six egg omlette for my lunch today :lol: thanks girls :drool

Mmm.... I could eat an omelette now!

doing well there chicknovice :clap

My Astra has just crowed. thats 3 out of 4 roosters :th I do think that the last one (Pepper is a gal)
I have to review everything now as 3 rooster to 1 hen is no good.
My initial objective was to get company for Joffrey and I wanted a female white poland/ Sultan or Silkie female companion for him. I think I may need to go back to that way of thinking.
I might need to find a nice home for the silkies and maybe look out for a white pullet for sale. The company for Joffrey has worked until now. It will be sad to see the others go because they are like a family and Pepper is close to the other silkies so im hoping someone can take the three in.

Oh no! That always seems to be the way with the boys. Fingers crossed you can find homes :fl

Aye thanks chicknovice, I will chat to the guy who has some silkies and take it from there i guess. I dont know any other way around it, but Its been half expected. I would prefer them to go to good home, not sure how easy it is to get homes for roosters. If I give them away free someone might think cheap dinner lol, so I shall need to ask a price for them (if its someone i dont know).

I’ve found either way you tend to get folks who want them for dinner. I don’t mind that at all as long they do deed quickly and correctly but I can’t always guarantee that :(

@Yorkshire Coop
I just read your update on the "Charlie and Harry" thread.... not sure why I hadn't come across that thread before.... anyway, great news both as regards Keeper and your new girls.

@rebrascora
I didn’t get an alert for your tag or post here Barbara :hmm Maybe because we posted only a minute apart!

Had that thread a while but I’m quite sporadic on it at times. I started it to document how Charlie was growing up, things I’ve done with Harry and so I could post pics and not lose them!

Keeper can come home, 5.30 today :pop I’m not looking forward to the rush hour traffic in Hull though!

Im thinking to myself here and now not sure now if my last silkie (pepper) is a girl or guy. I assumed girl because of the lower stance lack of dominance lack of wattles. But she is getting a few small wattles and a comb, and being last in the pecking order but doesnt crow yet (if she is a guy) The other reason is the others are frustrated and certainly not looking to pepper in that way. In fact Joffrey and Popcorn now when I let them out the first thing they do is peck at my feet as in anger or frustration. I need to know now if pepper is a girl so I can plan what to do. ie sell her with Astra as a couple or sell them all individualy as roosters (except joffey) and then buy a pullett or two.
Pics of cuckoo silkies could mean Pepper could moreso be a guy than a girl. Watch this space.

How old are they now warriorgal? Just wondering if there might be any chance of an egg soon if pepper is that way inclined...:pop it's such a long wait isn't it? :thI hope she's a girl for you as at least that's one less cockerel to rehome...will be keeping an eye on this thread for your updates.

Still no pekin eggs this end...hurry up girls!!

How old are they now warriorgal? Just wondering if there might be any chance of an egg soon if pepper is that way inclined...:pop it's such a long wait isn't it? :thI hope she's a girl for you as at least that's one less cockerel to rehome...will be keeping an eye on this thread for your updates.

Still no pekin eggs this end...hurry up girls!!

oh hope you get some pekin eggs soon chicknovice. my guys are on the brink of 19 weeks old now. Young adults I guess. Im sure something will get sorted soon either way, shall keep a watchful eye on pepper to see what happens.

Back
Top Bottom