UK Member Please Say HI

Well pepper hasnt crowed yet but it could be he is last of the pecking order. I queried this on another post and it was unanimous pepper is a guy ....

https://www.backyardchickens.com/threads/pepper-roo-or-hen.1216136/

Thanks YC early days yet lets hope :D

Eggstraudinary, I loved the pic of your goats too. I guess they are easy to keep ?
Yes they're super easy to keep :) I keep them in my large back garden and they have a shed to go in if they wish. The major things to make sure to do i have VERY secure fencing and check any plants you have aren't poisonous. :)

2CE83C20-2D69-4678-AE48-771218B5A165.jpeg
EB888F64-80F9-457A-923E-6BA5D1062C3B.jpeg
02D2AF3C-3FAD-4D66-AD1A-38006E033096.jpeg
EB888F64-80F9-457A-923E-6BA5D1062C3B.jpeg
Hi, I’m from Cumbria and am very new to chicken keeping.
I was given 11 Silkie eggs last year and had 7 hatch.
I’ve signed up to the sister site and there’s loads of information for newbies like me. I believe I’ll need it as I’ve been told that Silkies can be rather broody. Gah!
I had 2 hens and 5 (!!!) cockerels hatch so I gave 4 fellas back to the ‘egg donor’ last week so I’m left with my desired trio.
Still awaiting my first egg as they were born on the 28th June last year.

View attachment 1236740 View attachment 1236741 View attachment 1236739 View attachment 1236741 Hi, I’m from Cumbria and am very new to chicken keeping.
I’ve signed up to the sister site and there’s loads of information for newbies like me. I believe I’ll need it as I’ve been told that Silkies can be rather broody. Gah!
I had 2 hens and 5 (!!!) cockerels hatch so I gave 4 fellas back to the ‘egg donor’ last week so I’m left with my desired trio.

Hey Welcome :frow What wonderful photos they are all cuties. Ive learned a lot from this site too... people are extremely helpful. I have a Poland and some silkies and find the Silkies are so easy going and docile in comparison with my Poland lol. Apparently they are one of the best chickens to keep for family pets. I ended up with 4 cockerels and no hens lol,:rolleyes:

View attachment 1236740 View attachment 1236741 View attachment 1236739 View attachment 1236741 Hi, I’m from Cumbria and am very new to chicken keeping.

Hi, welcome to BYC & the thread!

My son has just put his college application in for Newton Rigg in Cumbria! I maybe heading up your way more often if he gets accepted!
What lovely pics you have posted there! Hatching sure is lots of fun but those extra males sure can be the downside. Great to hear you have your trio though. Silkies sure are lovely pets and so friendly. Fingers crossed you won’t have to wait too long for those first eggs!

Hi, welcome to BYC & the thread!

My son has just put his college application in for Newton Rigg in Cumbria! I maybe heading up your way more often if he gets accepted!
What lovely pics you have posted there! Hatching sure is lots of fun but those extra males sure can be the downside. Great to hear you have your trio though. Silkies sure are lovely pets and so friendly. Fingers crossed you won’t have to wait too long for those first eggs!
Newton Rigg is very popular. The area is lovely and Penrith is a great town to visit. I hope your son is successful with his application :thumbsup

Hey Welcome :frow What wonderful photos they are all cuties. Ive learned a lot from this site too... people are extremely helpful. I have a Poland and some silkies and find the Silkies are so easy going and docile in comparison with my Poland lol. Apparently they are one of the best chickens to keep for family pets. I ended up with 4 cockerels and no hens lol,:rolleyes:
Yeah, I think I may end up with a couple of Australorps.........not another rooster though! I hope that’s spelled correctly.....autocorrect didn’t recognise the chicken breed, it just wanted to spell ‘Australia’ :barnie
Love it that my rooster sets himself up to my son. HAH :celebrate

Back
Top Bottom