UK Member Please Say HI

Hi Bonnie
That sounds like a great family!
I live in Cumbria on the edge of the Lake District, one mile from the coast and have two Schnoodles and a trio of Silkies.
I have two sons. One is married and lives in the next village and the youngest is working towards his ‘green lid’
We have a small enclosed garden and aren’t ready yet to move on to a house with land........future plans :thumbsup:welcome:jumpy

Best of luck with your venture AND your baby chicks :highfive:

Hi SA&P

I love the Lake District! Such a beautiful area, hubby and I have spent many hours walking up there.

I have been a terrible mummy again, mentioning all my critters and not my wonderful children!!! I also have two gorgeous sons, one, 29, married to a fabulous lass, the other, 26, single and a chip off the old block as in he loves the critters and studied animal management and behavioural science at Uni.

Since the boys left home, my animal numbers have increased....calming my 'empty nest' syndrome I guess. Well, that, and the fact that we have more money now we are not supporting them as well!:gig

Hi Bonnie
I know what you mean! Hah...........but we do buy ‘gear’ for our youngest still :rolleyes: He always seems to need equipment!
We have a couple of houses in the next village with a field at the back and so we’ll be moving into one of them in the next couple of years (hopefully) so that’s why I’m off to a flying start with my Silkies!
Love my dogs. One of them is a rescue. I went over to Belfast on the ferry from Cairnryan for him. Had him trained in half an hour not to chase my chicks *proud mum* :love
My husband would love more animals but work is super busy atm so that ain’t practical. One day........
Gill

So true Gill....kids never stop costing, no matter how big they get! I don't envy you having a serving son though. I'm so glad my boys chose not to follow in their father's footsteps. The oldest talked about it for a while but decided, in the end, that it wasn't for him.

I wish your lad every luck for his green lid though....how long's he done? xxx

So true Gill....kids never stop costing, no matter how big they get! I don't envy you having a serving son though. I'm so glad my boys chose not to follow in their father's footsteps. The oldest talked about it for a while but decided, in the end, that it wasn't for him.

I wish your lad every luck for his green lid though....how long's he done? xxx

Got to week 24 then fractured his ankle so had to be Huntered. Oy Vey!!!! :he

Hi to all my fellow Blighties :D

I'm Bonnie, originally from Kent, then the Cotswolds, now in Spetchley, near Worcester, with my ex soldier hubby, three alpacas, four goats, two rabbits, two cats, six chooks and fourteen hatching eggs on day 17!!

Having had a fairly stressful few years of it, with hubby doing two tours of Iraq and three of Afghanistan, he finally got out of the Army and we are living our dream of a house in the country with some land and all the critters. We still have to keep pinching ourselves to check that this really is all ours....we've never been happier.

Like the rest of the UK though, we are sick of wet, windy, cold, miserable weather and are thoroughly looking forward to Spring and the arrival of all the new life.....even if there's not much change in the weather! Lol! xxx

Hi Bonnie :frow
Your dream home sounds great and how nice to have your husband at home with you. Great mix of animals there and good luck with your eggs! What do you have cooking? I’m behaving and not getting the incubator out until spring. But it sure is tempting!

Hi Bonnie :frow
Your dream home sounds great and how nice to have your husband at home with you. Great mix of animals there and good luck with your eggs! What do you have cooking? I’m behaving and not getting the incubator out until spring. But it sure is tempting!

I have 14 Cream Crested Legbar due on Saturday. I really wanted the pleasure of hatching again but did not want the weeks of uncertainty about who is or isn't a cockeral so I went for an auto sexing breed but I also wanted some orps, cochin and brahma so I got those at POL. They produced their first eggs yesterday :yesss:

3E46474B-0ADA-4102-BCDD-B2FEA3D002ED.jpeg
View attachment 1245093 View attachment 1245093
2FDBDFD3-91B5-4D8B-9D05-94C37DB42762.jpeg
3E46474B-0ADA-4102-BCDD-B2FEA3D002ED.jpeg
View attachment 1245093
2FDBDFD3-91B5-4D8B-9D05-94C37DB42762.jpeg
View attachment 1245095
CDAE4154-4B76-4C64-9776-FB24C60F72B0.jpeg
89A02C53-1C9B-46F1-97C4-FD09554B495A.jpeg
Oh no!! Poor lad! He must've been gutted! Xx

Oh no!! Poor lad! He must've been gutted! Xx
They HATE being backtrooped!
To keep me sane.......relatively, my boys say.......I have my dogs....and I’ve bought a sewing machine. I’ve not sewn since we bought this house 21 years ago and I made the curtains, so I’m enjoying it again *call me the Midnight Quilter* :bun

Hi. I'm from Retford, Nottinghamshire. It's good to see we're keeping the end up! A truly multi national site full of crazy chicken owners! I have 21 assorted hens including 6 ex battery hens from bhwt. There all my little girls! Queen Bella is the head hen coming in at 3.7 kg. I'd that big for a bluebell?! And finally, hopefully it will stop raining one day!

Back
Top Bottom