UK Member Please Say HI

Very stressful night - I didn't sleep much. I was late going to lock up last night - it was almost dark at 10.30 Edwina my only Araucana pullet from my first lot of chicks (other 2 are roos) wasnt' anywhere to be found. I was upset when I went to bed and my DH got up to have another look with a bigger torch - I got up again too as did my 12 year old so there was 3 of us wandering around the garden at 11.30 at night! We couldn't find her so I feared the worse. You can imagine my delight this morning when i went down to let them out and she was stood next to the coop :ya:ya. No idea where she slept, I checked up in all the trees etc :confused:

Sneaky ninja chicken.

I've got a rabbit with ninja skills. You think he's in the living room but no, he's sneaked between your legs and run upstairs. Ten minutes later you'll hear him pawing at the door to get back in.

We used to think he could walk through walls, because I'd find him outside even though I was 100% sure I'd checked he was in the house when I'd closed the back door. Turns out he'd squeezed behind the washing machine, then behind some cupboards, and dug a hole running alongside the water outpipe. The builders had just filled the gap in with a lot of rubble and not cemented over it. He'd come up behind the gas cupboard.

I only found out while looking for the rat he'd let in!

Just been out to lock the chickens up. There all stood up panting. Poor things I've left the doors open into the enclosed run and the window is open. It's still 21c outside and no breeze. Even the chicks are sleeping on the floor outside their coop.

Went to put them to bed earlier tonight and she was no where to be seen again (but light enough to look!). I found her up the hazel in the run - we'd looked last night and I looked before my son spotted her as well - she is a partridge and so well camoflaged! I picked her up and put her safely in the coop. I think it is because my 2 big girls are nasty to them all :barnie

Back
Top Bottom