UK Member Please Say HI

Thank you so much for your support and advise. Im so glad that you say I have done the right thing. I keep trying to tell myself that. We appreciate our chickens and im spending lots of time out with them especially at this time. My stomach is churning as its a difficult stage for us to get over and hard to focus on anything else. I think its right we need to grieve to come to terms with things and then move on. The other chickens appear fine and healthy and I will continue to treasure them.
I have by the way two small chickens from eggs both chickens are grown to about 9 weeks old now, I hoped both would be girls but I think now one is a rooster. I pray maybe I could find a good home for the little guy. He is a white Poland, maybe someone is seeing this.
I cant put any pics up yet im waiting for a new mobile to arrive.
Have you seen this article. Its so nicely written and well worded.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-with-loss-from-a-tenderhearted-farmer.72519/
I've lost plenty of hens and it never gets any easier. It just makes me appreciate the ones still here alot more. I have a chart in my garage with their names.
That's a bummer with your chicks, I hope that you can find a home for the little fella.

Have you seen this article. Its so nicely written and well worded.
https://www.backyardchickens.com/ar...-with-loss-from-a-tenderhearted-farmer.72519/
I've lost plenty of hens and it never gets any easier. It just makes me appreciate the ones still here alot more. I have a chart in my garage with their names.
That's a bummer with your chicks, I hope that you can find a home for the little fella.
What a lovely article CCUK thank you its a sad thing but makes one realize how we have to adapt to these situations and that others can understand the difficulties we all go through.

Hello
Hope everyone is well. Im in the south - surrey.
Not sure about anyone else here but finding someone/ vet to help when you have a poorly chicken has been near on impossible so glad to find this site

hello @Logjump ! welcome to BYC :frow
there are some very knowledgeable people here with masses of experience to help when you have a problem. In addition, it's useful to have read the guidance posted in the emergencies forum before you need it, because most requests for help are first met with a series of questions for info that the OP did not supply when asking for help, but which is useful if not essential for providing an answer to what's wrong! But hopefully you won't need to make any other use of that forum anytime soon!

Back
Top Bottom