UK Member Please Say HI

Welcome Hannah! What birds do you keep?

soo... I don’t actually have them yet. I’m registered with the BHWT to take some ex- bats but in the mean time I’m getting my garden ready for them. I started a thread in the coop construction area as I’m building a walk in run with a converted shed so they can have the most comfortable retirement possible. I though a thread would be good so people could follow along with my progress but, of course, as soon as I started the heavens opened and I’ve woken up today to lightening so I guess the waterproofs are going on...

I’ll post a link to my thread if anyone is interest? Just as soon as I figure out how...

yep, you've got that :thumbsup

At the risk of being a wet blanket, but potentially to save you heartache later, you mention the word 'landlord' on that thread; do the terms of your rental permit keeping chickens? Quite a lot of folk end up having to get rid of them because landlord objects...wouldn't want that to happen to you Hannah!

yep, you've got that :thumbsup

At the risk of being a wet blanket, but potentially to save you heartache later, you mention the word 'landlord' on that thread; do the terms of your rental permit keeping chickens? Quite a lot of folk end up having to get rid of them because landlord objects...wouldn't want that to happen to you Hannah!

I know, I probably should have mentioned in the post (and will do in the next update) that we did check with the landlord first and it turns out he has his own chickens and is very excited that we want to rescue ex-bats! He’s totally on board, offered any tips or help we need and is now considering rescuing some ex-bats himself! Couldn’t have worked out better 🥳

Hi I'm Aisha from West Yorkshire. I've just hatched my first quail chicks. They're Coturnix. I bought 24 eggs off eBay, 2 are still in the incubator got 11 chicks - so adorable - some were not fertile & lost 3 chicks

Hi I'm Aisha from West Yorkshire. I've just hatched my first quail chicks. They're Coturnix. I bought 24 eggs off eBay, 2 are still in the incubator got 11 chicks - so adorable - some were not fertile & lost 3 chicks

Welcome from the East! Quail are so cute when just hatched! I’ve just re-homed my last few quail as I had a rat attack but managed to save 5. The horrid ratty thing chewed through and pushed the wire to get in. The garden is very quiet without them but hoping to restart again with them in the spring.

Good luck with yours!

Welcome from the East! Quail are so cute when just hatched! I’ve just re-homed my last few quail as I had a rat attack but managed to save 5. The horrid ratty thing chewed through and pushed the wire to get in. The garden is very quiet without them but hoping to restart again with them in the spring.

Good luck with yours!

Thank you - sorry to hear about the rat pack. Yes you're right they're so cute. And make a lovely soothing noise - best wishes for ur next batch. Where have you purchased hatching eggs from in the past?

Back
Top Bottom