UK Member Please Say HI

I'm super new but I think I posted here not long after we got chickens and then forgot I'd posted! 🙈

Do you have chickens already?
I sure do I came on here a while ago when I was having some problems with some chicks I think...... maybe it was for something else...anyway one of my hens has just hatched out seven chickens in the last three days and they are so cute........ one had a little problem with its neck but it's ok now.......I have in total 16 chicks/chickens

I sure do I came on here a while ago when I was having some problems with some chicks I think...... maybe it was for something else...anyway one of my hens has just hatched out seven chickens in the last three days and they are so cute........ one had a little problem with its neck but it's ok now.......I have in total 16 chicks/chickens

Oh wow that's great! Do you have a cockerel or were they eggs from elsewhere?

We have 2 roos from our first batch of chicks that we would dearly love to keep but we live in a cul-de-sac of elderly people for the most part and we don't think they'll like the idea of roos. They thought we were mental for having chickens full stop 🤣

Oh wow that's great! Do you have a cockerel or were they eggs from elsewhere?

We have 2 roos from our first batch of chicks that we would dearly love to keep but we live in a cul-de-sac of elderly people for the most part and we don't think they'll like the idea of roos. They thought we were mental for having chickens full stop 🤣
yeah, I do have a cockerel in fact I have two .....father and son .....I'm still trying to find him a good home (there is a pic on my profile thing I dunno somewhere on here 🤣 ) the problem is he is a cross breed RIR x Speckled Sussex (he is a beauty tho )

yeah, I do have a cockerel in fact I have two .....father and son .....I'm still trying to find him a good home (there is a pic on my profile thing I dunno somewhere on here 🤣 ) the problem is he is a cross breed RIR x Speckled Sussex (he is a beauty tho )

🤣 It's so hard isn't it! There is a place in Kent that takes cockerels, she homes them in bachelor pads but that's a bit of a trek from you!

2 five-week-old chicks need temporary boarding
I'm going on holiday for a couple weeks in 2 weeks time. I have 2 chicks, one adorable big boy and one very cute slow developing hen. I won't be able to integrate them in time and I was looking for somewhere they could go on holiday to, then when I return I could get them back and integrate them. They live in the coop without a heat source.
So if you would like to care for 2 chicks for a month, please tell me!

You'll need:
  • A place set up for them separated from adult chickens
  • Chick crumb/growers feed (and water, duh!)
  • To know how to care for chicks
  • To give them back when I return (unless you want to buy the roo from me because he's for sale!)

Back
Top Bottom