Ultra Proud Chick momma moment here!!!

Gammas Bearded Babies

Crossing the Road
May 24, 2021
Middle Tennessee
Just had to share with yall!
After much sweat over the past 2 weeks and quite a few awful things happening...I am so ultra proud of my lil babies!!!
We got their coop/run moved yesterday and they were so dadgum confused! They kept going back to the naked grass area where their coop/run had bee for a mere 2 weeks!
Tonight I had them roaming the backyard in preparation for our usual nighttime chase to get them in the coop.
I go out on the deck to see if they are ok and the 3 silkies were tweeting their little heads off n Polish was squawking like crazy. I started talking to them and Polish looked up at me on deck and I was like are yall ready for bed? They got louder!
I got down the steps and had the little bucket my grandson n I arw trying to acquaint them with for getting treats. Without even shaking it, I was just saying come on babies,, they came a running, got in the run, Mango flew up in the coop, then Polish and then Milli Vanilli!
Less than 3 mins!!! So much better than 30+mins!!! And NO sweating involved!!!
This chick momma is singing "Hallelujahs"!!!

After much sweat over the past 2 weeks and quite a few awful things happening...I am so ultra proud of my lil babies!!!
We got their coop/run moved yesterday and they were so dadgum confused! They kept going back to the naked grass area where their coop/run had bee for a mere 2 weeks!
Tonight I had them roaming the backyard in preparation for our usual nighttime chase to get them in the coop.
I go out on the deck to see if they are ok and the 3 silkies were tweeting their little heads off n Polish was squawking like crazy. I started talking to them and Polish looked up at me on deck and I was like are yall ready for bed? They got louder!
I got down the steps and had the little bucket my grandson n I arw trying to acquaint them with for getting treats. Without even shaking it, I was just saying come on babies,, they came a running, got in the run, Mango flew up in the coop, then Polish and then Milli Vanilli!
Congrats. Putting them in must be so much easier!:wee:celebrate

They are definitely creatures of habit as you found out with moving their coop/run... :)
Treats are definitely an easy way to get their attention and round them up. Whenever we need all the girls to go back in the run, we simply stand inside the run door with a silver can of home-grown mealworms. They can see the little can from clear across the yard even if they can't hear the fingernail tap on the side of the container signifying it's "worm time". Then, the stampede to get to us is ON...! :)

Thats awesome!!!! And i loving milli vanilli by the way :clap

Back
Top Bottom