Unabsorbed yolk sack?

jstlitlome

Songster
6 Years
Mar 11, 2013
Missouri
Ok. Chick # 3 has hatched. It seems to have some redness on its belly that I am assuming is yolk sack? See pic below. This one was especially gooey and pretty small. But is moving around pretty well so far.

Should I be doing something?

keep an eye on him so he doesn't drag it across. The wire bottom it get walked on but otherwise just leave him in the baton and it will absorb by tomorrow

There are really so many eggs on there so she is sleeping on top of the eggs. The Bator rack has soft shelf liner on it so no wire. The biggest worry is the other two chicks in there with her are a little rambunctious! Lol I've turned out the light hoping they will all sleep. At what point do I intervene? Should I be staying up with these cuties or should I just go to bed and see what happened overnight. Omg. This is so suspenseful!
1f61e.png

So, she's pretty puny this morning. Her right eye hasn't opened and her left eye is only open a bit. She is moving around but staying to herself. Can't see her belly.

So, she's pretty puny this morning. Her right eye hasn't opened and her left eye is only open a bit. She is moving around but staying to herself. Can't see her belly.

I would take a damp cloth and wipe over the eye to see if it's not gummed up from hatch. If she is not as active or seems sluggish I would try sav a chick in the water or some sugar water.

Back
Top Bottom