Unabsorbed yolk

She's adorable. No problem, I hope she makes it.
Is your broody "proven"? Meaning has she successfully hatched and raised chicks before?
She is I may be biased, thank you, no she hasn’t I think this why she hasn’t been great, the second chick is with her and she has been good with it, there are three more eggs piping, I was going to just take them off her but I think the reason she is pecking them two was because the other had blood on umbilical cord and was very week were the little yellow one second chick is very healthy and awake, I’m hoping I can put faith back with her but would probably wait a few days but even still don’t know if it’s a good idea ❤️

She's looking good! Opening her eyes is definitely a good sign. If she will drink, that would be good especially since the yolk was burst. But it's normal if she doesn't want to this soon after hatching. Fingers crossed that she'll make a fast and complete recovery!
That’s good then, I have just given her some more she had a little but she just keeps trying to escape, I feel so much better about it, thank you so much for all your help❤️

How's your chick today?
I’m so gutted, she had gotten alot better but still being the first born was like a new born she was opening her eyes but still not often and often just one of them and then she wouldnt eat or drink unless I gave her it but even still was really hard and she didn’t seem bothered, she kept just randomly going to sleep, every like 5 seconds like even when I was trying to feed her, I Managed to get a proper brooder like heat pad, but last night I checked on her and she was upside down and bubbling at the mouth, so I turned her over and dryer her face, she was chirping so I didn’t think she was drowning in her Fluid, I had gave her drink at like 9 and it was 2am and she hardly drank anything either then this morning she looked awful and on her back again and then she died in my hands 😭😥
I’m so gutted as I tried so hard and feel like I did something wrong, but I also think she isn’t suffering anymore but it’s Unfair and I feel so guilty because what if it was my fault

I’m so gutted, she had gotten alot better but still being the first born was like a new born she was opening her eyes but still not often and often just one of them and then she wouldnt eat or drink unless I gave her it but even still was really hard and she didn’t seem bothered, she kept just randomly going to sleep, every like 5 seconds like even when I was trying to feed her, I Managed to get a proper brooder like heat pad, but last night I checked on her and she was upside down and bubbling at the mouth, so I turned her over and dryer her face, she was chirping so I didn’t think she was drowning in her Fluid, I had gave her drink at like 9 and it was 2am and she hardly drank anything either then this morning she looked awful and on her back again and then she died in my hands 😭😥
I’m so gutted as I tried so hard and feel like I did something wrong, but I also think she isn’t suffering anymore but it’s Unfair and I feel so guilty because what if it was my fault
This was today, she died at 6ish 😭

I'm SO sorry. It sounds like she aspirated. It's generally a bad idea to ever force feed/water chicks. Although I know you were in a tough situation. She needed to eat and drink since her yolk ruptured.
You gave it your best effort. Don't beat yourself up. The mother would have killed her a long time ago. She knew you loved her.
It was not your fault. :hugs

I'm SO sorry. It sounds like she aspirated. It's generally a bad idea to ever force feed/water chicks. Although I know you were in a tough situation. She needed to eat and drink since her yolk ruptured.
You gave it your best effort. Don't beat yourself up. The mother would have killed her a long time ago. She knew you loved her.
It’s so hard as I think she would of died either way but she definitely wasn’t going to come right I don’t think, I think she maybe had more going on as her eyes seemed to stick out and she couldn’t really walk properly, eating and drinking was an issue😥❤️

It’s so hard as I think she would of died either way but she definitely wasn’t going to come right I don’t think, I think she maybe had more going on as her eyes seemed to stick out and she couldn’t really walk properly, eating and drinking was an issue😥
Here are the rest of them, they are happy enough ❤️

Attachments

• 4B438041-FBCD-4E20-9664-706325E60BB3.jpeg
    4B438041-FBCD-4E20-9664-706325E60BB3.jpeg
    276.4 KB · Views: 1
  • C8ADEA86-339F-43BE-8CE1-B8EC06FC97D7.jpeg
    C8ADEA86-339F-43BE-8CE1-B8EC06FC97D7.jpeg
    476.6 KB · Views: 2
  • 87003425-E44B-47DD-9590-C2879E6E24EF.jpeg
    87003425-E44B-47DD-9590-C2879E6E24EF.jpeg
    400.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 9DC0F2DD-392C-48A4-A827-930C0C7B3304.jpeg
    9DC0F2DD-392C-48A4-A827-930C0C7B3304.jpeg
    396.9 KB · Views: 1
I am so sorry! It's not your fault, you did all you could for her :hugs

Back
Top Bottom