Unbelievable mess.....FURIOUS with myself. :(

Oh, Andora, I KNOW those carrots had to be an AWFUL mess!!!!

Yes, I have had a few moments of chills thinking of what could have happened. Even worse, if one of the kids had got up for a drink. The kitchen can be scrubbed and re-painted.

Yes, it was the actual cans of sweetened condensed milk. Unopened and put in a pan of water to boil. I learned that on here!! LOL It really turns out wonderful but I don't think I am very good advertising for it right now.
hide.gif

Quote:
Well I am certainly scared to try it now. LOL. I might try that microwave chocolate cake instead, it seems safer...

And the carrots were a mess, but they were also very painful when they exploded in my face! I guess I didn't stop to think of what would happen when you trap steaming carrots into a pitcher and then add a strong whirring motion. Now I always let things cool for a LONG time before putting them in a blender or anything similar.

Last edited:
Ewww, yuck. No fun.

FYI - if you've ever wondered what happens when using a heavy duty kitchen aid mixer and forget to raise the bowl or put on the splash guard, it looks very similar to what you have right in your kitchen. But, in my case imagine it more chocolate cake-ish. So between the 2 of us, our kitchens are absolutely delicious.

Oh dear, Andora!!! They actually got your face??? I am glad you were alright!!! Burns scare me! I took care of a woman at the nursing home I worked for who had suffered 3rd degree burns all over her face and upper body when she was younger. Even many years later it was painful and the scars were frightening.

LOL...well, my catch all answer for the age old question "What are we going to do with you"...... Keep me and love me!!!! LOL I am a serious, accident prone, klutz!!! I have no clue how I survived this long!!!
smile.png

Sorry about your delimma. I'm glad everyone was out of harms way. I too worry about explosions especially when using the pressure cooker. So far, I been lucky!

My MIL has the reputation of burning many many things. She's burnt several teapots boiling water, she's the only person I know who managed to warp calphalon pans, and last holiday season, she learned (relearned) not to spray a pan with cooking spray before heating it up. Those poor pancakes never stood a chance.

So there are two types of oopsies: the occasional and the chronic.

All good cooks make occasional dumb things.

I'd be over there with a rag and a spritz bottle were I closer...and then you could help me next time I take my fingertip off with my mandoline slicer.

It was not THAT bad, but it did hurt and bleed everywhere. So much for the beautiful salad.
Plus I have a cool fingerprint on my pinkie finger now.

Back
Top Bottom