Under construction... FINISHED!!! and chickens too!

You guys did an awesome job!! Great example of a family working together. It looks tight and snug too!! But you need to have hubby work on his Vanna White smile...he didn't look to happy in that one pic...lol!!
tongue.png

"Yes" to raccoon and possum here on the island, but I've not seen any in our neighborhood.
"Yes, but I've not seen any" to snakes.
"No" to weasles." I'm trying to picture what one even looks like (I thought weasel was just another name for ferrets and that they were pets).

Any wild animal that wants to get near this coop is going to have one heck of a time getting past our granddaughter, Olivia. She has been on our patio since dawn yesterday morning. She eats out there, watches tv out there and even took her nap out there on the deck chair yesterday.

--Michelle

Quote:
Don't underestimate the craftiness of raccoons. I put a lot of thought and time into building my coop to coonproof specifications. A couple of weeks ago, the wife happened to be looking out the bedroom window as a coon squeezed through a probably 2 inch space between the run door frame and front wall of the hen house. I had not armored that spot because I didnt think anything could squeeze through there. Lucky the wife saw him go in there because when I got out there he was hiding under the house getting ready for a chicken dinner. You can see in my pictures that spot was promptly closed up after that incident.

Back
Top Bottom